Ada is a fast, but low defense legend who features the Spear and Blasters as her weapons. She can be unlocked for 3900 gold. Ada has a cyberpunk theme in her appearance, with a striking magenta and green colour across her entire look. This street style look, however, doesn't fully convey the cybernetic modifications that have been implemented under her skin. She has had a turbulent history with the shady Meyers Baby Food Corporation of a corrupt future society, and brings with her both her computer modified reflexes and a lifetime's fighting experience to demonstrate her skill and cunning in the eternal tournament.
The shadowy corporations of a corrupt future trained Ada to be the worst thing that ever happened to them. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The Ghost in the Machine
"Target Ada is confirmed. Suspect is armed and located at the rear of the sixth floor...and on the roof...and twice on the third floor. All units, surveillance protocols are compromised. Ignore radio communications. Set Aim Augmentation to Manual. Disregard...[garbled]...on sight...[garbled]...incoming...[garbled]...down...[elevator music]" -Recovered from a Mobile Command Unit blackbox, MBFC
Records show a precocious young Ada offered a place in the training program of Meyers Baby Food Corporation ("Your Friend in Nanotech"). After that, no official records of Ada exist. Part of an experimental group, Ada's public education neuro-sims were replaced with training in real-time signal decryption and urban warfare.
Graduates of the experiment joined Meyers Baby Food Corp's black ops division, but Ada hacked the corporation's maincloud and learned her division was protecting the Upload Enslavement Initiative. Soon, records of Meyers' secret operations were playing on every news feed, and Ada had disappeared.
In the undersea free state of Miami Dome, Ada founded the Right Wrong Cavaliers, an elite team of combat hackers and post-punk revival band, and she led their masterful guerrilla campaign against Meyers and their shadowy GovernCorp backers.
She's pretty sure Valhalla is all some sort of computer sim, but until she can find a way out, she's playing to win.
"Combat Cryptography is easy. Once you can ignore the bullets and the screaming, it's just basic quantum calculus." -Ada, shouted to a recruit during a raid on GovernCorp
Ada has a cyberpunk theme in her appearance. Her hair is dyed a magenta colour, with a bright neon pink highlight across the front, and is styled such that all of her hair is directed to her left, with very short hair on the right side of her head. While her hair is an unnatural dyed colour, this belies her true nature as a cybernetically modified hacker come guerilla-fighter, which is more evident seeing her glowing green right eye and similarly coloured element glowing on her cheekbone. Her clothing is a futuristic version of streetwear, also coloured in a striking magenta and pink style with neon green detailing.
|Neutral||Ada vaults high up into the air and forward, twisting around to fire her blasters at the ground some distance ahead of where she was standing. If there is no ground under where Ada will fire, the blasts go down slightly farther and have a larger blast zone. Carries Ada forward a good distance.||Hits very low, but useful for dodging incoming ground attacks while instantly riposting with your own. Good for catching opponents by surprise or repelling opponents quickly trying to climb back onto the platform from the side.|
|Ada points both blasters ahead of her and fires six shots off in rapid succession (3 from each blaster) directly ahead.||Can leave you open to attack, but has a modestly long range and is extremely powerful, not to mention quick. A potent bread-and-butter move for Ada.|
|↓||The Matrix dive! Ada leaps backwards in what looks like slow-motion while firing one shot from each of her blasters ahead of her, and following up with an immense double-blast that reaches ahead of where she was initially standing.||The attacks’ long ranges and Ada’s retreating motion make this a good attack for covering yourself when an opponent is being very aggressive and need a safe window to back off a little. Excellent against enemies who are being too aggressive for their own good.|
|Neutral||A upwards leap forward into the air is punctuated by a vicious circular upwards spin with the spear, followed by an arcing downwards swipe.||This move has an incredibly wide range – both above and above-and-in-front of Ada – as well as a long duration, making it an excellent covering and aerial response attack. It cannot hit grounded targets, however.|
|A quick forward horizontal swipe with the spear. Ada takes a short step forward as she does this.||Not the longest-ranged or the most powerful signature, but comes out fast. Excellent for delivering the decisive blow on a weakened opponent during a pitched melee.|
|↓||Ada whirls her spear horizontally around herself, then drops and spins on her back breakdance-style while spinning it again over her head.||This move hits opponents on either side of Ada, and comes out slightly faster than her side signature, though it has a much shorter range.|
|Weapon||Name||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Blasters||Side Combo||DLight > SHeavy||Knock Outs and Damage||51.94||7-1 Dodge Frames||Time Ada's side signature, a fast reaction time after recovery can get the least dodge window.|
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
- Ada's default weapons are the Cyberlink Blasters (blasters) and the Cyberlink Spear (spear).
- Ada's bot name is Adroid.
- Ada's title given in her Lore, "The Ghost In The Machine", is a reference to Masamune Shirou's Ghost in the Shell.
- MBFC, Ada's corporate trainer and nemesis, is also responsible for the tech-killing virus responsible for the post-apocalyptic dystopia that Barraza hails from.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.36.0||• Ada Side Blasters: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.|
|2.29.0||• Signatures whose travel speed was affected by Dex retain their current travel speed but are no longer affected by stances: Cassidy Down Hammer, Orion Side Lance, Orion Side Spear, Gnash Down Hammer, Nai Down Spear, Nai Neutral Katars, Nai Side Katars, Hattori Side Sword, Roland Neutral Lance, Scarlet Down Hammer, Ada Down Blasters, Ada Neutral Spear, Sentinel Neutral Katars, Sentinel Side Katars, Lucien Side Katars, Lucien Down Katars, Asuri Side Sword, Ember Neutral Katars, Ember Side Katars, Ember Down Katars.|
|2.23.0||• Scarlet’s Down Lance and Ada’s Neutral Blasters now follow the proper rules and are no longer able to jump during their recover time.
• Ada Neutral Blasters: No longer able to jump during recovery.
|2.20.0||• Fixed a bug where getting hit with an item or a small number of signature attacks (like Thatch’s cannonballs or Ada’s neutral guns sig) on the same tick that sudden death starts could cause you to take the impact of that hit as soon as your sidekick dropped you off.|
|2.18.0||• Ada Neutral Blasters: Shots that hit a wall will now use the aerial spike behavior. Should fix some related drop cases.|
|2.12.3||A previous hitbox reduction resulted in too much of a mismatch with the animation. Hitboxes have been added back but with angled Force to weaken their knockout potential.|
• Ada Down Spear: Rehitboxed to better follow overhead arc of final swing, directed angle of force further upwards during those frames.
|2.9.0||We've gotten a number of complaints about Ada's spear recently. Her side signature has low To Hit and Recover Times, high Force, and enough overhead coverage to make punishing it especially difficult. The side light to neutral signature combo, while less rewarding than side light to down light to side air, is much easier to perform and offered nearly as much damage. We've toned down the side sig and traded some Damage and Force between them.|
• Ada Neutral Spear: Reduced Damage from 26 to 21; Increased Variable Force from 60 to 63.
• Ada Side Spear: Decreased Hitbox coverage near Ada's head; Increased Recover Time from 19 to 23; Increased Damage from 15 to 20; Decreased Variable Force from 60 to 56.
|2.6.2||For a while now, Ada's been considered a character whose strong Spear signatures balanced out her weaker lights. With the improvements to Spear and Blasters, her signatures are due for a change. We've made some pretty significant reductions to the threat on Ada's Neutral and Down Spear. However, we also buffed the coverage on her Neutral Blasters, considered one of the weakest signatures in the game.|
• Ada Neutral Spear: No longer hits grounded targets; Decreased Hitboxes behind self; Time to Hit increased from 19 to 20.
• Ada Down Spear: Hitboxing is less generous, doesn't cover above Ada; Hitboxes now cover entire length rather than alternating between left and right Hitboxes; Increased Hit Window from 30 to 34; Increased Recover Time from 10 to 13.
• Ada Neutral Blasters: Increased horizontal spread of shots. Decreased Damage from 27 to 24.
|2.5.0||• Ada's eyes have been fixed in her roster icons.|
|2.1.0||There's a case to be made that Ada's Side Blasters are punishable, but she's shooting for most of that window, making it difficult to attack with more than a simple down air. We've given opponents a little more opportunity to retaliate.|
• Ada Side Blasters: Increased Recover Time.
|1.20.1||• Ada Spear Neutral: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit. Credit: iJaximus|
|1.19.4||• Fixed Ada select screen pose to work with tassel waist skins.|
|1.17.2||• DJ Ada's color swaps now include her headphones and jeans.|
|1.13.0||• Ada Neutral Blasters: Ground hits should push the target into a final hit; Increased Force.
• Ada Side Blasters: Decreased Recover Time; Sped up power; Slightly Decreased Time to Hit; Fixed a case where hit targets could be lost before the final shot.
|1.12.0||• Ada Spear Neutral: Reduced Hitbox sizes; Final Hitbox no longer hits targets on the ground. Sped up Time to Hit.|
|1.11.0||• Ada Down Blasters: Increased Cooldown Time; Increased Recover Time.
• Ada Side Blasters: Decreased Time to Hit; Slightly increased Force.
|1.9.0||• Ada's pistols are now the correct size in character select screen.
• Updated sounds on buildups and impacts for Ada Specials.
|1.7.0||• Ada, Cassidy, Lord Vraxx, and Scarlet now have unique powers for all Heavy ground attacks with both weapons.|
|1.6.1||• Ada Parting Shots: Rehitboxed to more closely match bloom of final shot.
• Fixed a bug where Ada's pistol special could hit repeatedly with the final blast.
|1.5.1||• Reworked Ada Parting Shots sfx.|
|1.0.0||• Ada has been added to the roster!|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis