Asuri is a very fast Bengali tigress legend who wields the Sword and Katars. She can be unlocked for 5400 gold. The feline fighter Asuri has a combat stlye appropriate to her animal heritage, being both fast and unforgiving. Though she is no longer able to protect the Punjabi valley she was once steward to, she now redirects untold decades of experience in defeating invaders towards the other Legends of the eternal tournament.
Ancient and powerful territorial guardian borne of ritual and sacrifice. Broke a dude's nose for having a laser pointer. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The Night Stalker
The villages along the Arit river on the Punjab border were proud of their guardian. Proud and more than a little scared. The Tiger was a gift from Rama, they said, though a gift rarely seen. Years might pass with only a giant paw print in the mud of the riverbank to prove that The Tiger still prowled the forests between the villages.
But when raiders from the north or soldiers from the south came to steal and oppress, the signs of The Tiger would appear -- bodies of invaders high in the trees, a would-be warlord mauled in his tent, an entire brigand camp shattered as though a typhoon had struck. And the villagers would wonder that anyone was left in the world so ignorant or so arrogant as to be heedless of their protector.
As for the The Tiger, she barely remembered being a girl. She remembered being twelve and discovering with horror that her once noble family, anointed protectors of the valley, now grew richer when outsiders came to plunder. She remembered her wicked uncle lashing her to the temple altar and conjuring the tiger spirit to devour her. And she remembered fighting - fighting so long and so hard that in the end she didn't know who had devoured whom.
In Valhalla, Asuri has claimed the Tournament as her territory, and sets upon challengers to her domain with savage fury.
This place is mine now. - Asuri, looking down into Valhalla
Asuri, having a feline heritage, has many cat-like features such as her claws, long teeth, big eyes, pointed ears and tail. Even the shape of her head, which has a short, square snout that houses long jaws rather than a human mouth, informs us that she is a tigress. She does, however, have a humanoid body, albeit covered in striped white, light gray and dark gray fur. She is dressed in light armor consisting largely of tight azure blue fabrics wrapped around the body, which is reflective of her Indian origin, as it draws parallels with the traditional Indian Sari worn by Indian women. This cloth, however, is trimmed with ornate golden embellishments and accents that serve both as hardy armor and decorative jewelry. Her hands and feet are bare, leaving her claws exposed, but she wears gold ringed bracers on her forearms.
|Neutral||Asuri vaults into the air and delivers a wide arcing swipe with the sword downwards in midair.||This move knocks opponents downwards - those hit into the ground go flying back upwards. Useful for knocking opponents down after initially getting them off the platforms.|
|Asuri drops onto three of four limbs and performs a blinding sprint forward. The amount of time the charge is held is how far Asuri sprints for this move - at the end of the move Asuri delivers a powerful, but short-ranged cut with her sword.||Let’s say it again: the range of this attack changes the longer you hold the button. When you release the button, Asuri will deliver the strike directly in front of her face. Naturally, it allows you to cover a lot of ground very quickly, though the attack has enough cooldown that it should still be used with caution: missing it will leave you wide open for counterattack.|
|↓||Asuri gracefully twirls her sword all around her, creating a whirlwind of flowing slices. Hits twice in rapid succession directly in front. Carries her forward slightly.||Despite looking like there are three swings, the move only strikes twice - the “second swing” in the middle is Asuri twirling her sword behind her back between swings. This move also lasts a long time, making it a modestly safe way to protect yourself from an opponent who is making an aggressive close approach.|
|Neutral||A upwards leap and flip into the air with a grab with both claws at the leap's apex. If an opponent is struck by this grab, they are seized and thrown downwards and slightly forwards with tremendous force.||Functionally similar to her Neutral signature with the sword, it is used to keep people from recovering back onto the stage. The combo Neutral light into Neutral signature is a true combo at extremely low damage. It does not hit any opponents standing very close to Asuri, however, so aim thoroughly.|
|After a brief pause, Asuri leaps forward in the direction she is facing, swiping furiously twice with one katar then another during the jump. Has a medium range and carries Asuri forward a good distance.||This attack lifts Asuri off the ground enough to go over mines. It does not hit any opponents close to Asuri. Mind the short delay before the attack.|
|↓||Two close-ranged swipes with her katars directly in front. This move carries Asuri forward slightly.||This move functions similarly to her Katars Side Signature. However, it has a shorter range, hits opponents close to Asuri and has almost no delay in the beginning, making it a faster counter to an approaching enemy. Good for juggling when the enemy is already airborne.|
|Name||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
- Asuri's default weapons are the Bengali Claws (katars) and the Tiger's Talwar (sword).
- Asuri's bot name is Mechasuri.
- "Asuri" is a feminine Sanskrit term for an often demonic, but always powerful spirit/god from Hindu lore. Sometimes used interchangeably with Rakhshasi, a man-eating demonic entity.
- Rakhshasas in fiction are often portrayed as powerful humanoids with heads and features of large predatory cats, which fits Asuri.
- She was introduced to Brawlhalla September 24, 2015
- It is unclear exactly how long Asuri served as protector of the Arit river valley, though it is implied that the process that turned her into a tigress also unnaturally extended her lifespan by a significant amount.
- For changes that applied to Weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.39.0||• Apex Predator Asuri skin is now available|
|2.33.0||• Asuri Neutral Katar removed hitboxing during the initial leap so the attack no longer hits grounded opponents, decreased minimum charge time from 13 to 11|
|2.29.0||• Asuri Neutral Katar decreased variable from 61 to 57
• Asuri Side Sword travel speed on longer affect by stances
|2.17.0||• Asuri Neutral Sword decreased time to hit from 26 to 24, decreased variable force from 59 to 58|
|2.13.1||• Swashbuckler Asuri skin now available|
|2.12.0||• Asuri Down Sword increased damage from 22 to 32|
|2.10.0||• Asuri Side Sword increased movement speed during charge from 60 to a range between 60 and 75 when dodge cancelled|
|2.9.2||• Awakened Asuri skin now available|
|2.8.0||• Asuri Side Sword decreased time to hit from 22 to 20
• Fixed colour swap issue with Burglar Asuri's teeth during some animations
|2.7.0||• Asuri Side Katars fixed some cases where target could be dropped before final hit|
|2.6.2||• Asuri Side Sword while the minimum time to hit is still 22, decreased time to hit after release from 5 to 3
• Asuri Side Katar re-hitboxed to follow the slash effects more closely than Asuri's claws, increased hit window from 11 to 17
|2.5.0||• Slight adjustments to Asuri and Lynx Asuri colour schemes to make her stripes more prominent|
|2.1.0||• Asuri Side Sword reaches a higher max speed, decreased time to hit, decreased force, increased cooldown time|
|2.0.0||• Asuri Down Sword fixed some cases where the target could be dropped before the final hit|
|1.20.1||• Asuri Down Sword fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit|
|1.19.4||• Asuri Neutral Sword increased hitbox size to extend higher and better cover the start of the swing, force on initial frames is aimed less sharply downwards
• Asuri Down Katar fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit, increased hitbox sizes after the first swing, reduced recover time, increased stun time
• Asuri Side Katar increased distance travelled
• Asuri Side Sword extended hitbox slightly further behind during beginning of swing
• Fixed colour swapping bug on Katar hands
• The announcer has learnt how to say Asuri
• Art improvement to angry expressions for clarity
|1.18.2||• Deal With It shades now work with the Lynx skin
• Fixed missing stances
• Fixed missing costume name
• Asuri lore now accessible
|1.18.0||• Asuri the Night Stalker has been added to the roster!|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis