Asuri is a very fast Bengali tigress legend who wields the Sword and Katars. She can be unlocked for 5400 gold. The feline fighter Asuri has a combat stlye appropriate to her animal heritage, being both fast and unforgiving. Though she is no longer able to protect the Punjabi valley she was once steward to, she now redirects untold decades of experience in defeating invaders towards the other Legends of the eternal tournament.
Ancient and powerful territorial guardian borne of ritual and sacrifice. Broke a dude's nose for having a laser pointer. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The Night Stalker
The villages along the Arit river on the Punjab border were proud of their guardian. Proud and more than a little scared. The Tiger was a gift from Rama, they said, though a gift rarely seen. Years might pass with only a giant paw print in the mud of the riverbank to prove that The Tiger still prowled the forests between the villages.
But when raiders from the north or soldiers from the south came to steal and oppress, the signs of The Tiger would appear -- bodies of invaders high in the trees, a would-be warlord mauled in his tent, an entire brigand camp shattered as though a typhoon had struck. And the villagers would wonder that anyone was left in the world so ignorant or so arrogant as to be heedless of their protector.
As for the The Tiger, she barely remembered being a girl. She remembered being twelve and discovering with horror that her once noble family, anointed protectors of the valley, now grew richer when outsiders came to plunder. She remembered her wicked uncle lashing her to the temple altar and conjuring the tiger spirit to devour her. And she remembered fighting - fighting so long and so hard that in the end she didn't know who had devoured whom.
In Valhalla, Asuri has claimed the Tournament as her territory, and sets upon challengers to her domain with savage fury.
This place is mine now. - Asuri, looking down into Valhalla
Asuri, having a feline heritage, has many cat-like features such as her claws, long teeth, big eyes, pointed ears and tail. Even the shape of her head, which has a short, square snout that houses long jaws rather than a human mouth, informs us that she is a tigress. She does, however, have a humanoid body, albeit covered in striped white, light gray and dark gray fur. She is dressed in light armor consisting largely of tight azure blue fabrics wrapped around the body, which is reflective of her Indian origin, as it draws parallels with the traditional Indian Sari worn by Indian women. This cloth, however, is trimmed with ornate golden embellishments and accents that serve both as hardy armor and decorative jewelry. Her hands and feet are bare, leaving her claws exposed, but she wears gold ringed bracers on her forearms.
|Neutral||Asuri vaults into the air and delivers a wide arcing swipe with the sword downwards in midair.||This move knocks opponents downwards - those hit into the ground go flying back upwards. Useful for knocking opponents down after initially getting them off the platforms.|
|Asuri drops onto three of four limbs and performs a blinding sprint forward. The amount of time the charge is held is how far Asuri sprints for this move - at the end of the move Asuri delivers a powerful, but short-ranged cut with her sword.||Let’s say it again: the range of this attack changes the longer you hold the button. When you release the button, Asuri will deliver the strike directly in front of her face. Naturally, it allows you to cover a lot of ground very quickly, though the attack has enough cooldown that it should still be used with caution: missing it will leave you wide open for counterattack.|
|↓||Asuri gracefully twirls her sword all around her, creating a whirlwind of flowing slices. Hits twice in rapid succession directly in front. Carries her forward slightly.||Despite looking like there are three swings, the move only strikes twice - the “second swing” in the middle is Asuri twirling her sword behind her back between swings. This move also lasts a long time, making it a modestly safe way to protect yourself from an opponent who is making an aggressive close approach.|
|Neutral||A upwards leap and flip into the air with a grab with both claws at the leap's apex. If an opponent is struck by this grab, they are seized and thrown downwards and slightly forwards with tremendous force.||Functionally similar to her Neutral signature with the sword, it is used to keep people from recovering back onto the stage. The combo Neutral light into Neutral signature is a true combo at extremely low damage. It does not hit any opponents standing very close to Asuri, however, so aim thoroughly.|
|After a brief pause, Asuri leaps forward in the direction she is facing, swiping furiously twice with one katar then another during the jump. Has a medium range and carries Asuri forward a good distance.||This attack lifts Asuri off the ground enough to go over mines. It does not hit any opponents close to Asuri. Mind the short delay before the attack.|
|↓||Two close-ranged swipes with her katars directly in front. This move carries Asuri forward slightly.||This move functions similarly to her Katars Side Signature. However, it has a shorter range, hits opponents close to Asuri and has almost no delay in the beginning, making it a faster counter to an approaching enemy. Good for juggling when the enemy is already airborne.|
|Name||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
| Classic Colors
Unlock at Level 2
Unlock at Level 5
Unlock at Level 10
Unlock at Level 12
Unlock at Level 14
Unlock at Level 16
Unlock at Level 18
Unlock at Level 20
Price: 10000 Gold
(Requires Level 10)
Price: 25000 Gold
(Requires Level 25)
Available only from devs for
contributing to the community.
Price: 2500 Glory
(Requires Level 5)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Valhallentine's)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Summer Heatwave)
| Home Team
Price: 3000 Gold
(Only during Back To School)
Price: 3000 Gold
(Only during Brawlhalloween)
| Winter Holiday|
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Brawlhallidays)
- Asuri's default weapons are the Bengali Claws (katars) and the Tiger's Talwar (sword).
- Asuri's bot name is Mechasuri.
- "Asuri" is a feminine Sanskrit term for an often demonic, but always powerful spirit/god from Hindu lore. Sometimes used interchangeably with Rakhshasi, a man-eating demonic entity.
- Rakhshasas in fiction are often portrayed as powerful humanoids with heads and features of large predatory cats, which fits Asuri.
- She was introduced to Brawlhalla September 24, 2015
- It is unclear exactly how long Asuri served as protector of the Arit river valley, though it is implied that the process that turned her into a tigress also unnaturally extended her lifespan by a significant amount.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|3.5.0||Several Signature attacks have also been altered, such as Asuri’s Side Sword which has received a base stun increase for stronger hits at white to light yellow damage values. Given the total horizontal coverage and speed of Sentinel’s Down Katars, we have decreased the damage range to be closer to other similar attacks. Jhala’s Side Axe sees a shift in timing, trading some minimum charge time for a faster recover time, resulting in a overall duration for a quicker pace in battle.|
• Asuri Side Sword: Increased Stun from 17 to a range of 27~22.
|2.81.0||There are several Legends with one or two Signatures that stand too tall above the rest of their kit, and so we have shifted some power from those Signatures into their lesser used or weaker attacks. Notable changes include pulling some of the strength from Asuri’s very threatening Neutral Katars in order to bolster the weaker Side Katars.|
• Asuri Neutral Katars: Decreased Force from 55 Fixed/57 Variable to 55 Fixed/52 Variable.
• Asuri Side Katars: Increased Damage from 20 to 23.
|2.77.0||The following Signatures have all received adjustments to their speed bonuses gained when performed from a dash or chase dodge. They have been brought in line with other comparable Signature attacks:|
• Asuri Neutral Sword
• Asuri Side Katars
• Asuri Neutral Katars
|2.61.0||• Slightly slowed the fall speed on the following powers so that the correct transition animation would play when touching ground: Asuri's Side Katars.|
|2.57.0||Like Asuri’s Side Sword, we’re giving her Neutral Sword variable behavior based on momentum for some extra versatility as an approach option.|
• Asuri Neutral Sword: Will now travel further based on momentum when starting the attack.
|2.52.0||Increased travel speed to push the effective threat farther forward and make the Signature harder to outrun.|
• Asuri Side Sword – Increased travel speed during the charge.
|2.33.0||Asuri’s Neutral Katar is an excellent Signature with great force and utility as an anti-air, so we are adjusting it to lean more into the realm of being an anti-air; it no longer picks up grounded opponents, but has received a decrease in Minimum Charge Time to reach anti-air height sooner.|
• Asuri Neutral Katar removed hitboxing during the initial leap so the attack no longer hits grounded opponents, decreased minimum charge time from 13 to 11.
|2.29.0||• Signatures whose travel speed was affected by Dex retain their current travel speed but are no longer affected by stances: Asuri Side Sword|
Asuri’s Neutral Katar scored knockouts a little too early, so we are decreasing the Variable Force to be more in line with other similar powers.
• Asuri Neutral Katar decreased variable from 61 to 57.
|2.17.0||Asuri's Neutral Sword can be a little awkward to land so we've cut down some of its long startup time for a decreased Force reward.|
• Asuri Neutral Sword decreased time to hit from 26 to 24, decreased variable force from 59 to 58
|2.12.0||Asuri's Down Sword feels weaker than similar signatures. We've made it more rewarding to land.|
• Asuri Down Sword increased damage from 22 to 32
|2.10.0||• Asuri Side Sword increased movement speed during charge from 60 to a range between 60 and 75 when dodge cancelled|
|2.8.0||• Fixed colour swap issue with Burglar Asuri's teeth during some animations|
Asuri continues to underperform for most players, despite her popularity at high ranks. Her Side Sword is being sped up slightly.
• Asuri Side Sword decreased time to hit from 22 to 20
• Fixed colour swap issue with Burglar Asuri's teeth during some animations
|2.7.0||• Asuri Side Katars fixed some cases where target could be dropped before final hit|
|2.6.2||Asuri's signatures are still considered a little weak. Her Side Katars in particular suggests longer lasting hurtboxes than they previously had.|
• Asuri Side Sword while the minimum time to hit is still 22, decreased time to hit after release from 5 to 3
• Asuri Side Katar re-hitboxed to follow the slash effects more closely than Asuri's claws, increased hit window from 11 to 17
|2.5.0||• Slight adjustments to Asuri and Lynx Asuri colour schemes to make her stripes more prominent|
|2.1.0||While Asuri continues to shine in the hands of a few players, her winrate is typically low. The chase mechanic of her Side Sword was always situational, but has been particularly hurt by the increased base run speed changes since her release. She now gets a burst of sprinting and a faster swing, but less Force on hit.|
• Asuri Side Sword reaches a higher max speed, decreased time to hit, decreased force, increased cooldown time
|2.0.0||• Asuri Down Sword fixed some cases where the target could be dropped before the final hit|
|1.20.1||• Asuri Down Sword fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit|
|1.19.4||• Fixed colour swapping bug on Katar hands|
• The announcer has learnt how to say Asuri
• Art improvement to angry expressions for clarity
Although Asuri is awesome and fun to play, she does seem to be underperforming; especially in high ranked play. We've addressed concerns with moves where the hitboxes were too conservative, as well as better differentiating her Katar Down / Side signatures.
• Asuri Neutral Sword increased hitbox size to extend higher and better cover the start of the swing, force on initial frames is aimed less sharply downwards
• Asuri Down Katar fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit, increased hitbox sizes after the first swing, reduced recover time, increased stun time
• Asuri Side Katar increased distance travelled
• Asuri Side Sword extended hitbox slightly further behind during beginning of swing
|1.18.2||• Deal With It shades now work with the Lynx skin|
• Fixed missing stances
• Fixed missing costume name
• Asuri lore now accessible
|1.18.0||• Asuri the Night Stalker has been added to the roster!|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis • Caspian • Sidra