Brynn is a generally balanced, but fast moving legend of Brawlhalla who wields the Spear and Axe. She can be unlocked for 5400 gold. Brynn, a child of Asgard, is one of the few immortal legends fighting in Valhalla's eternal tournament, having never lived a mortal life, instead training as a Valkyrie. Indeed, many playable legends were offered their place in the eternal tournament by Brynn. She wears ornate silvery armour trimmed with blue cloth and white fur typical of the Norse style, and a winged circlet denoting her status and power as a Valkyrie. She fights in the tournament by choice, and has earned her place in the arena through a combination of skill, grace and Valkyrian might.
Asgard's hometown hero, this half-Valkyrie can't escape her human side. — Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Chooser of the Slain, Slayer of the Chosen
Child, you are my daughter and a Valkyrie - a goddess. Your father was a mortal, it is true, but he was a great warrior - perhaps the greatest. So do not complain to me that the Elves whisper behind your back. Ignore them - they know you outshine them all. Or put them to the sword - The Valkyrie Hypernia to a young Brynn
Children are rare among the immortals of Asgard, and every immortal with any heart came to love Hypernia's daughter, the heir to her immortal mother's impossible beauty and her human father's legendary charm. Brynn grew up in every corner of Asgard. She made it her school and her playground. Raised to be a Valkyrie, she nonetheless can shoe an eight legged horse, weave the threads of fate with the Norns, and curse a blue streak in Dwarvish.
As a Valkyrie, her sense for the mortal mind has helped her spot greatness in the most unlikely places, not just in princes on battlefields, holding their swords high. Three of her most shocking choices have won the Great Tournament. But Asgard is a vast society, and some don't see Brynn as a true Asgardian, while her success has bred jealousy as well as admiration.
Brynn was drawn to the Tournament by a desire to study these mortals. Does she belong with them? She watched, learned their ways, and eventually came to love their bravura and their mettle. Now she competes for the pure joy of it, her human thirst for the fight surprising everyone, including herself.
Most Valkyries are too by-the-runes to see greatness where I find it. Do you remember their faces when I brought the minotaur to Valhalla? -Brynn, drinking with Heimdall
Brynn, being the second of Valhalla's Norse themed Legends, is dressed accordingly. Her body armour - a small chest piece on her torso, two small bracers on her wrists, and ornately engraved boots - is all a shining silver in appearance and color. As well as this, she wears face armour that covers her forehead and cheeks, again in a bright silver color, that is adorned with the wings that signify her status as a Valkyrie. Each wing is centered at each eye, with the wing shape extending from her chin line to far above her head. Under her armour, she wears a blue tunic that is lined with white fur, typical of her Norse style, with white fut trimming also visible at the top f her boots, her wrists and shoulders.
|Input||Description||Animation||Damage (VS 5 Defense)||Stun||Frame Data||Notes|
|Neutral||Brynn crouches, extending her wings, then uses them to propel her at an angle upwards, stabbing upwards with her spear as she does so. This move has a slight delay before coming out and carries Brynn forward a small distance.||27.9 - 33.8||This move requires great precision to hit, as its hitbox is very small. However, when used properly, it may be surprisingly effective – in particular, you can use it to evade attacks that follow the ground.|
|A sweeping horizontal lunging stab forward with the spear. This move has a slight delay before coming out and carries Brynn forward a significant distance.||26.5 - 31.3||The move slows down slightly near the end of its range, making it great for catching some opponents off guard. Aim carefully – if you miss, you are very likely to be punished.|
|↓||Brynn draws her spear back then sweeps it forward in large, twirling circles, starting beside her and finishing in front of her.||40.2 - 48.8||This move creates a danger zone in front of Brynn, very much like Hattori’s down signature, although smaller and without the follow-up hit. However, this attack comes out faster, making it more situationally useful.|
|Neutral||A graceful upwards sweep with the axe. On contact with enemy, the enemy is knocked up and Brynn quickly follows with a second upwards attack that knocks the enemy back. This move carries Brynn forward slightly, but only if it hits.||Good as an anti-air. While powerful, this move has a rather short range, so use it with caution.|
|Brynn lunges forward and reaches forward with the axe, spinning it rapidly twice on its haft as she does so. This move strikes twice, knocking back on its second strike.||This move will not hit those stacked on Brynn or directly in front of her. Space accordingly.|
|↓||Extending her wings, Brynn lifts slightly into the air and then lunges forward in the air, sending her axe sweeping forward like a pendulum along the ground as she does so.||This move raises Brynn above the ground, making her immune for most ground-level attacks, such as Asuri’s running charge with the sword. However, any opponent can avoid being by simply jumping, missing the attack leaves Brynn wide open for a riposte. Use it against enemies who are trying to land on the ground after jumping or using a signature move.|
|Name||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Name||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Short Brynn spear combo||Slight, nsig||Following up the side light attack.||44.6
|0||Can only be used when opponent is below yellow damage. Above yellow damage they'll be knocked away too far by the side light attack and the combo won't be possible.||Gif|
|Brynn air setup||Slight, dlight, GC, Nsig||Setting up air combos||61.1||0||Gif|
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
| Classic Colors
Unlock at Level 2
Unlock at Level 5
Unlock at Level 10
Unlock at Level 12
Unlock at Level 14
Unlock at Level 16
Unlock at Level 18
Unlock at Level 20
Price: 10000 Gold
(Requires Level 10)
Price: 25000 Gold
(Requires Level 25)
Available only from devs for
contributing to the community.
Price: 2500 Glory
(Requires Level 5)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Valhallentine's)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Summer Heatwave)
Price: 3000 Gold
(Only during Brawlhalloween)
| Winter Holiday|
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Brawlidays)
- Brynn's default weapons are named Glory (axe) and Valor (spear).
- Brynn's bot name is Brynbot.
- Brynn is the second Norse-themed legend to be featured on the roster, after Bodvar. She is also, perhaps as a result, the second legend to speak to Heimdall in her flavor quotes, again after Bodvar.
- Brynn is personally responsible for bringing numerous legends on the Brawlhalla roster into Valhalla, including Teros, Asuri, Yumiko.
- Brynn is daughter to the human legend Sir Roland and the Valkyrie Hypernia.
- Brynn is likely inspired by Brynhildr of Norse mythology 
- Brynn was introduced to Brawlhalla August 6, 2015
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.64.0||• Removed a small jitter on the shoulder of Brynn’s idle animation in character select.|
|2.57.0||• Faded highlights in Brynn’s Axe signatures sooner to better line up with hit window timing|
• Fixed a bug causing Brynn’s D Axe animation to not play the correct transition when landing on the groundUnlike most Signatures that end in the air, Brynn’s often hover in place, making them easier to punish. We’ve cut down the Recover Time on her Neutral Spear slightly.
• Brynn Neutral Spear: Reduced Recover Time from 26 to 24.
|2.52.0||Increased travel speed to push the effective threat farther forward and make the Signature harder to outrun.|
• Brynn Side Spear – Slightly increased travel speed throughout the power duration.
|2.39.0||Brynn’s Neutral Spear was relatively slow for an anti-air, so we have reduced the Minimum Charge for more reliable use.|
• Brynn Neutral Spear: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 8 to 6.
|2.29.0||Brynn’s Side Axe is relatively punishable, but also had a fairly lengthy Time to Hit. We are reducing the Minimum Charge for a slightly faster attack.|
• Brynn Side Axe decreased minimum charge time from 9 to 7
|2.17.0||• Brynn Neutral Spear updated hurtboxes to better follow animation|
• Brynn Side Spear updated hurtboxes to better follow animation
• Brynn Side Axe updated hurtboxes to better follow animation
• Brynn Side Axe changed animation timing to better match recover time
|2.16.0||We're giving Brynn's Side Spear more ability to contest other high priority attacks to help counterbalance its punishing Recover Time.|
• Brynn Side Spear increased hitbox size to extend slightly farther forwards
|2.13.1||• Brynn Side Axe fixed some cases where target could be dropped before final hit|
|2.12.3||• Brynn Down Spear fixed some cases where the target could be dropped before final hit|
• Brynn Side Axe fixed some cases where the target could be dropped before final hit
|2.10.0||• Brynn Down Spear on first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 20|
|2.8.0||• Tiny animation tweak to Brynn's selected pose to reduce much her neck was stretched|
|2.7.0||• Brynn Down Axe fixed some cases where the target could be dropped before final hit|
|2.4.0||Brynn is getting a small nudge to her Neutral Axe's punish window, and the FX clean up more quickly so the punish window is easier to read.|
• Added charge up FX to Brynn Neutral Axe and Side Axe signatures for clarity
• Brynn Neutral Axe increased recover time from 19 to 22, decrased duration where FX dissipates after hit window
|2.3.1||• Brynn Down Air fixed a case where the target could be dropped before final hit|
|1.19.4||Brynn is still out performing many of her legendary counterparts so we’ve decided to make a few minor adjustments to see how she does this patch alongside universal changes to her weapon kit.|
• Brynn Down Spear slightly increased time to hit
• Brynn Side Axe slightly decreased damage
• Brynn Down Axe fixed a case where a target could be dropped before final hit
|1.16.0||• Brynn now has her name announced|
• Minor animation tweaks on Brynn's Side Axe recover
|1.15.0||• Brynn the Valkyrie has been added to the roster!|
- as of build 1.19.4
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis • Caspian