Cassidy is a mostly balanced, high dexterity legend featuring the Hammer and Blasters as her weapons. She can be unlocked for 2300 gold. Wild West Marshal Cassidy Miller wears apparel very standard of her Western style, including a large cowgirl's hat. Having been on both sides of the law, acting as a legendary Marshall and dangerous fugitive, Cassidy has a keen sense of justice and is unafraid to deal it out with the heavy end of her hammer.
Feared by outlaws and vampires from the age of fifteen, Cassidy is the toughest marshal to wear the wear the badge either side of the Bifrost. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The Marshal of the Old West
"Reward ($5000) for the capture, Dead or Alive, of ex-U.S. Marshal Cassidy Miller. Age 25, 5 feet, 8 inches. Brown hair and eyes. Wanted for dereliction of Duty, harboring a Fugitive Slave, aiding a Known Criminal, and Attempted Murder. Knowing companions include a Giant Cougar, a Twenty-foot Lumberjack, and a Cherokee Ghost. Armed and extremely Dangerous." - Poster, Nebraska Territory, 1853
When fifteen-year-old Cassidy Miller captured Wild Zeb and his gang, Zeb insisted his gun jammed and the sun was in his eyes. But outlaws soon changed their tune, and just five years later, Bloody Cal Johnson bragged from prison that Utah had been forced to call in the great Marshal Cassidy just to bring him down.
In her long career, Cassidy's insistence on justice for all earned her many unlikely friends, including "the meanest horse in the West", a giant cougar named Boots. But it also put her on the wrong side of the law when she joined the Underground Railroad and became a wanted fugitive herself. Later, Cassidy returned to law enforcement in dramatic style when President Lincoln begged her to track down the Bloodfang Rangers, a company of Confederate Vampires.
To Cassidy, Valhalla is like any other frontier boomtown in need of her rough brand of Justice. She's always on the lookout for suspicious types and reckons that trouble's brewing.
"You just going to stand behind me looking all-fired stupid or are you going to draw?" - Marshal Cassidy
Wild West Marshal Cassidy Miller wears apparel very standard of her Western style. Most importantly, Cassidy wears a large, cream cowgirl's hat, decorated with a pale blue ribbon and her golden Marshall's badge, which covers her shoulder length reddish brown hair. Cassidy also has a dark leather jacket, atop her cream blouse, and gloves of a lighter shade. Her leather belt, with its gold buckle and leather gun-holster, leads to her large spurred boots, also leather. Cassidy's grim determination can be seen in her gritted smile and foreboding eyes. Cassidy's Hammer and Blasters reflect her western heritage. The Sixshooters are two large revolver handguns with the typical six bullet cylinder, each made of stainless steel. Her Rail Hammer is also very non-decorative: a simple wooden pole with a standared steel hammer head attached at one end, which has one wide tip, and one much thinner, called a claw, which is slightly curved.
|Neutral||“Yee-haw!” Cassidy fires her blasters upwards in the air in a diagonal, first one, then the other, slightly in front and then slightly behind.||Despite its carefree animation, it's a useful anti-air measure. Like all of Cassidy's attacks, it comes out quickly and covers a broad area above Cassidy's head. Its spacing beats out most aerial down-heavy approaches, and comes out faster than many aerial down-light approaches. Timing and facing must be kept in mind, as Cassidy doesn't cover the entire space above her in one shot – she covers the front half above her, and then the back half.|
|“Draw!” A rapid fast-draw double-blast from Cassidy's pistols in rapid succession – one directly in front, followed by another slightly above. Cassidy charges the move by twirling one pistol, old-west style, building up style points before the hit.||A bread-and-butter signature move for Cassidy, this move comes out fast and hits hard. It only has medium range at best, however, so this move works the best in an aggressive dodge-and-hit or defensive move-and-punish style. It is a good answer to most moves that you can dodge near the ground.|
|↓||“Let’s see you dance!” Cassidy wildly fires at the ground on either side of her, starting from a distance away and shooting closer to herself as her shots float her slightly up into the air.||Basically, this move is a Blaster Down Light that hits hard, comes out fast and protects Cassidy from both directions. It comes out even faster than her side signature. The doesn't cover nearly as much vertical space and doesn't pack as much power, but the way it hits basically creates a long-lasting wide damage zone around Cassidy, protecting her from ground approaches and those who like to dodge along the ground.|
|Neutral||The lasso! Cassidy catches anything in a wedge of space forward and above her with her lasso, drawing them close and stopping them with her foot before swinging for the fences with the hammer.||One of Cassidy's most misjudged moves, the lasso comes out surprisingly fast and covers an unexpected amount of space, allowing you to catch many approaching enemies off guard. It's also a perfect followup to the hammer's ground footstomp. The lasso can catch grounded opponents, and even opponents who are standing close to you, and it is the fastest signature in Cassidy's set, so don't be afraid to use it to get your opponent to back off.|
|A swinging, whirling double-hit with the hammer in a moderately wide range in front of Cassidy, leaving small clouds of dust in its wake.||Like with all of Cassidy's moves, its speed and ferocity are its main advantages, making it useful for applying aggressive pressure or defensively punishing ground based moves in equal measure. A bread-and-butter move for the hammer, its double hit packs good damage and force, making it useful in many situations. Its sole weakness is the cooldown, which leaves Cassidy vulnerable to a fast response, so be careful not to rely on it too much.|
|↓||The twister! Cassidy charges up and turns into a swirling dust twister that rolls horizontally across the stage, sucking up nearly everything in a small, horizontally oblong radius around her before sending them flying diagonally up away from her at the end of the move.||Hard to respond to for the inexperienced, a well placed twister will put a stop to the plans of anything caught in it. This move easily outranges many light attacks, will catch up to an opponent faster than many heavy attacks can be executed, and will hit enemies behind Cassidy's starting position as well, making it a good all-purpose interruption when you manage to catch your opponent distracted or unready. The move lasts a while and travels some distance, but it has both a noticable chargeup and cooldown, and is vulnerable to approaches from above, meaning that it is much less generally useful against an experienced or focused player. Most useful in FFA, or Brawlball, and covers a lot of space when gravity canceled.|
- All combos are subject to change as the game gets tweaked from patch to patch.
Damage calculated against a legend with 6 of defense because Cassidy has 6 of attack. (Median values)
|Weapon||Inputs||Useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Hammer||DLight, NHeavy||Killing||23.31||There's always better alternatives* but really easy to execute.|
|Hammer||DLight, Jump, Gravity Cancel, SHeavy||Killing||33.78||Lets you make really soon kills if made from the edge of the map. However, in the middle there's better alternatives*.|
* See the combo section in the Hammer page to see theses alternatives.
- Cassidy's greatest strength is her speed and her range. With the exception of her down sigs, all of her signature moves come out and resolve relatively quickly, making them safe bets to pepper in between light attacks.
- Her signatures combined with her light attacks also cover nearly all directions and approaches - despite her slow movement speed, you can use her dexterity and versatile moveset to your advantage to both keep the pressure on and keep your target off of you if they decide to get aggressive with you.
- Use her Blasters Down Signature in situations where you'd use her side signature on someone behind you but don't have time to turn around, or just want to kill someone using a faster hit. The time the move takes to execute also leaves you vulnerable to air approaches after it's underway, so weigh between using this move and the blaster's light moveset when trying to cover ground or catch your opponent off guard.
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
- Cassidy's default weapons are the Sixshooters (blasters) and the Rail Hammer (hammer).
- Cassidy's robot name is Cassibot.
- The giant lumberjack mentioned in Cassidy's wanted poster is likely a reference to Paul Bunyan, a hero from American folklore.
- Cassidy was one of the first four Legends to be developed for the game, the others being Bodvar, Lord Vraxx and Orion.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.45.0||• Cassidy Side Blasters: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: DRG-Piox)|
|2.12.3||Cassidy’s Lasso has been rehitboxed to better follow the animation, giving it a slower Time to Hit but a faster bloom to its maximum threat range. Its Damage has increased slightly.|
• Cassidy Neutral Hammer: Removed hitboxes from initial frame on release, increasing Time to Hit from 7 to 10. Decreased Hit Window from 14 to 12; Increased Damage from 13 to 15.
|2.10.0||• Cassidy Neutral Blasters: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 15.|
• Cassidy Side Blasters: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 15.
• Cassidy Down Blasters: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 15.
• Cassidy Neutral Hammer: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 34.
|2.9.0||Cassidy had a habit of aiming for the corners of the map with her signatures, which made her have to work harder for kills from the center of the map than her Force would suggest.|
• Cassidy Neutral Blasters: Aimed direction of Force more upward.
• Cassidy Side Blasters: Aimed direction of Force more horizontal.
• Cassidy Neutral Hammer: Aimed direction of Force more upward.
• Cassidy Side Hammer: Aimed direction of Force more horizontal.
|2.8.0||• Cassidy Side Hammer: Updated hurtboxes to better match animation.|
|2.4.0||Cassidy continues to be considered one of the weakest Legends. We're giving her a little more Force and giving her Down Blasters signature some new utility as an edge guard.|
• Cassidy Neutral Blasters: Increased Variable Force from 55 to 57.
• Cassidy Down Blasters: If the target is far enough below Cassidy, the Force will be directed diagonally downwards; Increased Variable Force from 53 to 57; Shots are hitboxed on both sides for all frames rather than alternating between left and right; Slightly reduced hitbox sizes to better match animation.
|2.3.1||Cassidy is one of the weaker legends at the moment, which seems to hold true across winrates, tierlists, community feedback, and usage. We're continuing to make small buffs to her signatures and give more of her quickdraw identity back.|
• Cassidy Side Blasters: Reduced Recover Time from 20 to 18.• Cassidy Down Blasters: Reduced Recover Time from 21 to 19.
|2.1.0||Cassidy has fallen pretty heavily out of favor, and doesn't feel like a strong choice at the moment. We're giving a little more of her characteristic quickdraw to a few of her signatures.|
• Cassidy Down Blasters: Slightly reduced Time to Hit.
• Cassidy Side Hammer: Rehitboxed to better match animation; Slightly reduced Time to Hit.
|1.19.4||It’s time for Cassidy to recover from her low win rate and get back on her horse. For now we're giving her a fairly conservative buff while waiting to see what impact some of the larger dodge and Blaster changes have on her.|
• Cassidy Down Blasters: Slightly increased Force.
• Cassidy Side Hammer: Slightly increased Force.
|1.17.0||Powers that "grab" had logic to prevent them from being interrupted when hit. These cases happen a lot more in 2v2 and can feel broken and unsatisfying. We'll be keeping an eye on these individual moves to see if it becomes too easy to save teammates caught by them.|
• Cassidy Neutral Hammer: Removed period where user cannot be interrupted during grab.
|1.14.0||• Cassidy Down Hammer: Rehitboxed to better match animation; Hitboxes are less generous behind Cassidy; Reduced Damage.|
• Cassidy Side Blasters: Slightly Increased Time to Hit; Slightly Reduced Damage and Force.
|1.13.0||• Cassidy Side Blasters: Slightly decreased Force; Slightly increased Recover Time.|
• Cassidy Down Hammer: Increased Recover Time.
|1.12.0||• Cassidy Hammer Side and Hammer Down: Made charge up poses less similar for readability.|
|1.11.0||• Cassidy Side Blasters: Decreased Damage and Force.|
|1.9.1||• New special buildup sounds for Cassidy, Teros, Gnash, Nai, Scarlet, Sentinel, and Vraxx.|
|1.7.0||• Ada, Cassidy, Lord Vraxx, and Scarlet now have unique powers for all Heavy ground attacks with both weapons.|
• New base art for Cassidy.
|1.5.2||• Cleaned up Cassidy's Hammer sfx by removing some trailing elements.|
|1.1.0||• Dragon's Doom: Increased minimum charge time, decreased Force.|
|1.0.0||• New beefed up fx for Cassidy High Noon.|
• Cassidy's Blaster fx no longer flipping on occasion.
|0.5.0||• Cassidy has had an art rework to better match the other characters and tone of the game.|
|0.4.0||• 2 Weapons: Each character now has two melee weapons they can use in combat. Picking up a weapon drop randomly gives your character one of their two weapons.|
• Cassidy High Noon: Adjusted hitboxes to fix cases where the first shot wouldn't chain into the second.
|0.3.0||• Legend specific attacks now activate when pressing the heavy button without a direction. The normal neutral attacks have been moved to the down attack.|
|0.1.0||• Each Legend in Brawlhalla now has 4 special powers, one for each weapon!|
• Each Legend now has different stat allocations.
• New colors and minor costume change for Cassidy to help in-game readability.
|0.0.1||• Cassidy is added to the game|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis