Ember is a fast but low defense legend of Brawlhalla featuring the Bow and Katars as her weapons. She can be unlocked for 5400 gold. Ember, born and raised in the magical Fangwild forest, has a forest elf theme in appearance. She wears a patterned, leaf green cloth cape and hood and, while brown and green in color to blend with the woodland, a vibrant flash of color can be seen in Ember's fiery orange hair. Daughter of the Fangwild, Ember fights alongside her trusted forest friends, a wolf called Ash, and a raven named Yarra, together demonstrating her prowess in combat.
The Fangwild's daughter is not to be trifled with. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The Fangwild's Daughter
Scholars propose the Fangwild Forest is a spacetime anomaly much like a black hole. It borders many realities, and in theory travelers might pass through it into other worlds. But they would inevitably be torn to shreds along the way. - Smith's Miscellany Cryptobotanica
No mortal has seen the center of the Fangwild Forest. The magic is too dense, the peril is too deep. Not the elves who live on the edges of the Fangwild. Not the adventurers and fools who brave the forest in search of paths to other universes. Not the ghouls and beasts drawn in by the call of magic. No mortal but Ember.
For thousands of years, Ember hunted the ever-changing paths of the Fangwild. With the wolf Ash and her raven Yarra, she guarded the Fangwild from itself, and protected the bordering worlds from the eldritch wood. She fought the Primordials. She befriended a lonely Minotaur. She rescued a furious Viking lost in deep in the Fangwild's heart. She rode a wild dragon through the maelstrom at the heart of the forest. In ancient days before Valhalla, Fangwild's borders touched even Asgard, and Ember walked with the first warriors among the mighty trees that would form its rafters.
Now, amidst the glory of her afterlife in Valhalla, Ember's mind is fixed on the Fangwild, and the Fangwild mourns its daughter. With Ember gone into Valhalla, the Fangwild has slipped into madness. Twisted and impassable, its wilds threaten to spill out across the many realms it touches. Ember knows there are paths both to and from Valhalla. She fights in the tournament, hoping that in victory she can find a way back and set things right in her forest home.
If I have to separate you two again, neither is staying in the Fangwild. And that goes for every dragon here. - Ember
Ember, born and raised in the magical Fangwild forest, has a forest elf theme in appearance. She wears a patterned, leaf green cloth cape and hood that rests on her shoulders and head, leaving slits for her elven ears. Fitting with the colors of the forest is her brown leather body armor, including a chest piece, boots and fingerless gloves that extend down the forearm, typical of an archer's attire. While predominantly brown and green in color, allowing her to blend with the woods of her homeland - a vibrant flash of color can be seen in Ember's fiery orange hair, which shows from under her hood and is held by two golden bands either side of her face.
|Neutral||Go, Yarra! Ember takes a short step forward and sends her raven dashing forward, striking anything a short distance ahead and also above. If Yarra strikes something, Ember follows it with a single upwards diagonal shot from her bow.||This move comes out quickly, and works well for catching opponents unaware thanks to the wide initial attack. The follow-up shot will not connect if there is a corner of a platform on the way.|
|Go, Ash! Ember summons her wolf Ash, mounting onto it and lunging forward, firing a shot into the ground ahead of her as she does so. Slow but powerful, the attack hits everything in a wide range ahead, despite not carrying Ember very far forward.||This attack hits slightly ahead of Ember’s landing position. Works well if you know where you enemy will be; otherwise, it can leave you vulnerable.|
|↓||Go, Ember! Ember leaps into the air in a short arc and fires her bow directly down into the ground in front of where she was standing a moment ago. If the arrow strikes ground, the impact has a small blast radius. Otherwise, the arrow travels slightly below the “ground level” without a splash radius.||When used precisely, this attack can hit an opponent clutching onto a wall, sending them straight down while keeping Ember safe from their attacks. Good for evasion and riposte.|
|Neutral||Ember performs a twirling leap into the air, performing a turning swipe with her front katar and then another higher, wider reaching swipe with her rear katar. Carries Ember forward slightly.||Good as an anti-air or combo finisher if the enemy really intends to stay close to you. Ember hangs in the air during the attacks, which can scare away some players.|
|Ember lunges forward, delivering a forward horizontal sweep with her rear katar as she leaps. As she turns and lands, she delivers a second, slightly shorter forward horizontal swipe with her front katar as she skids to a halt.||Short-ranged, but comes out quickly.|
|↓||Ember hops back a short distance and crouching down before leaping forward, delivering a powerful cross-strike with both katars that carries her through where she was standing and a short distance ahead, hitting anything in between. This move charges after Ember has hopped back.||Quick and functionally pretty similar to Hattori's down sword signature. Good for retreating, or punishing players who are too determined to chase you down. May substitute for a Neutral Light if your enemy is stunned.|
|Name||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
Ember has a lot of speed and a fair amount of damage and dexterity, but she has the worst defense in the game, what makes the use of dodges essential, while taking advantage on engagement due to her 7 speed,which can be boosted to 8 by using her speed stance, which drains one point from dexterity.
Ember is an incredibly hard to use legend, due to her very specific uses to her signatures and very easy to punish movements, and the amount of armor she has.
Use of Signatures
- Ember's signatures are extremely hard to make use of, they are extremely punishable but are overall very rewarding. Her sigs main uses are to get the enemy when they don't expect and to finish them off.
Bow sigs: Side sig: Ember summons her wolf ash, having tiny hitboxes on the start and very low vertical range, while it has an extremely high range horizontally Die to an arrow that is shot in the very last frames. | Neutral sig: Ember summons an eagle that hits gradually on a very long diagonal range, the hitboxes come out firstly very close to her, going to the highest point on the middle and coming back close. To her again, if it hits, Ember then shoots an arrow on the enemy, that launches the enemy on a diagonal line, making this move horrible to finish off enemies on red damage. | Down sig: Ember's jumps on the air and shoots an arrow down, which splashes on the ground and makes a larger hitbox, it is very useful to punish enemies who miss dodged and finishing enemies who are wall hugging, since it launches the enemy both up and down.
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
| Classic Colors
Unlock at Level 2
Unlock at Level 5
Unlock at Level 10
Unlock at Level 12
Unlock at Level 14
Unlock at Level 16
Unlock at Level 18
Unlock at Level 20
Price: 10000 Gold
(Requires Level 10)
Price: 25000 Gold
(Requires Level 25)
Available only from devs for
contributing to the community.
Price: 2500 Glory
(Requires Level 5)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Valhallentine's)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Summer Heatwave)
Price: 3000 Gold
(Only during Brawlhalloween)
| Winter Holiday|
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Brawlidays)
- Ember's default weapons are the Fangwild Bow (bow) and the Fangwild Thorns (katars).
- Ember's bot name is Embot.
- Ember is the second fantasy-themed Legend to be introduced to the game, the first being Teros.
- In fact, Ember's Lore mentions befriending a lonely minotaur, mostly likely Teros, as well as helping a lost viking, most likely Bödvar, walking with early stone age warriors, most likely Gnash, and stopping fights between Fangwild dragons, likely including Ragnir.
- Ember is the first legend to be equipped with a bow.
- Ember's role as steward of the Fangwild seems to go beyond that of a mere protector, as Ragnir's lore suggests that the Feywild is slowly losing it's stability as a place-between-places now that Ember is in Valhalla instead of the Fangwild.
- Ember's long but finite ("mortal") lifespan of thousands of years suggests that elves in the Brawlhalla universe are extremely long-lived, akin to Tolkien elves.
- Ember was introduced to Brawlhalla November 11, 2015.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.61.0||• Adjusted Ember's Down Bow animation so she holds the arrow for longer during the leap.|
• Small touch up to the leaves on Ember's Down Katar signature.
• Slightly slowed the fall speed on the following powers so that the correct transition animation would play when touching ground: Ember's Down Katars
Ember’s Neutral Katars is a strong attack that reaches greater heights than most others, however this greater height does mean the user is in the air for a slightly longer amount of time. We have reduced the Recovery on this power to shift the risk/reward more in favor of the user.
&esmp;• Ember Neutral Katars: Decreased Recovery from 25 Fixed to 23 Fixed.
|2.57.0||Ember’s Neutral Bow was conservative with its hitboxing and didn’t fully cover the raven’s path. We’re giving the increased coverage a try as it opens up a few new interactions with the bow kit.|
&esmp;• Ember Neutral Bow: Added hitboxing to the last animation frame of the raven’s path, this extends the hit window from 8 to 11.
|2.52.0||• Ember Side Bow – Increased travel speed at the start of the leap.|
|2.48.0||As the speed of competitive play has increased significantly, some of Ember’s options can leave her struggling to find knockouts, primarily on her Bow kit. We have increased the response time and reward for her Side Bow to open up a more reliable knockout option.|
&esmp;• Ember Side Bow: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 10 to 9; Increased Force from 49 Variable/65 Fixed to 52 Variable/65 Fixed.
|2.44.0||• Ember Neutral Bow: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped by failing to fall through a soft platform.(Credit _Flamethrower_)|
|2.39.0||Ember is seeing a number of buffs to her lesser used kit of Bow Signatures. The increased speed and damage to the kit should make these more desirable options during a fight.|
&esmp;• Ember Neutral Bow: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 7 to 6; Decreased Time to Hit after charge from 7 to 6.
&esmp;• Ember Side Bow: Increased Damage from 20 to 23.
|2.29.0||• Signatures whose travel speed was affected by Dex retain their current travel speed but are no longer affected by stances: Ember Neutral Katars, Ember Side Katars, Ember Down Katars.|
Ember is receiving a number of upgrades to her Bow kit, primarily in the form of more Damage to the Neutral Bow, and Increased Range and Force on the air version of her Down Bow power.
• Ember Neutral Bow: Increased Damage from 22 to 24.
• Ember Down Bow: Increased minimum Variable Force for the air version from 35 to 40.
• Ember Down Bow (air version): Rehitboxed at the end of the power to better match the animation, resulting in slightly increased vertical Range.
|2.17.1||• Ember Side Katars: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit ThePredator89316)|
|2.17.0||• Ember Down Bow: Updated Hurtboxes to better follow animation.|
|2.13.1||Ember is notorious for her strong Katar signatures and weak Bow ones. We've shifted some power from one set to the other.|
• Ember Side Bow: Decreased Time to Hit from 17 to 15; Slightly Increased Hitbox size of the wolf bite.
• Ember Down Bow: On the aerial version of the shot - Extended Hit Window from 9 to 10, Adjusted Hitboxes to follow the arrow shot more closely and extend farther downwards, Increased Damage from a range between 22 and 16 to a range between 24 and 19, Force falls off more slowly during the Hit window; On the ground version of the shot - Increased Damage from 22 to 24.
• Ember Down Katars: Increased Recover Time from 17 to 19.
|2.10.0||• Ember Down Katar: Increased movement speed during charge from -65 to 41 when dodge canceled.|
• Ember Side Bow: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit Addymestic)
|2.7.0||• Ember Neutral Bow: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped before the final hit.|
|2.6.2||While most of the changes to Ember for this patch are happening on the Bow kit, we're making her Side Bow signature a little less punishing to use.|
&esmp;• Ember Side Bow: Decreased Recover Time from 24 to 20.
|2.5.0||Some power is being shifted away from Ember's Katars to her other signatures.|
• Ember Neutral Bow: Increased Variable Force from 51 to 54
• Ember Side Bow: Reduced Recover Time from 27 to 24
• Ember Neutral Katar: Decreased Variable Force from 52 to 50
• Ember Down Katar: Decreased Variable Force from 56 to 54; Decreased Fixed Force from 71 to 67.
|2.3.1||Most new characters underperform at first, even more so when they have a new weapon. However, there are some signs that Ember actively needs help, especially with regards to the kill potential on her bow. We're making her bow signatures a little easier to land across the board.|
• Ember Side Bow: Decreased Time to Hit from 21 to 17.
• Ember Down Bow: Decreased Time to Hit from 22 to 20.
• Ember Neutral Bow: Decreased Time to Hit from 17 to 15.
• Ember Neutral Bow: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.
• Ember Neutral Katar: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.
|2.2.0||• Ember has been added to the Lore page|
• Animation Tweak: Improved the seam between the wolf and the ground on Ember's Side Bow Signature
• Art Tweak: Touch up on Ember's elbows to help the joints connect better.
• Animation tweak: Minor tweak to Ember's wolf to help with clarity between the wolf and the arrow shot.
• Ember Neutral Bow: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.
|2.1.0||• Ember, The Fangwild's Daughter, and our first bow wielding character has entered Brawlhalla.|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis • Caspian