|←||Queen Nai||Legends||Sir Roland||→|
Hattori is a very fast, demon-bride ninja legend of Brawlhalla featuring the Sword and Spear as her weapons. She can be unlocked for 5400 gold. Hattori's dark red ninja outfit is offset by her jet black hair and painted, white face, which is both determined and ruthless. The only visible part of her face is the demonic yellow light glinting in her eyes - a glimpse of the demonic blood that courses her veins and drives her lust for battle.
Fabled demon bride.
Vengeance burning in her veins.
It's too late to run.
- Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The night is freezing
I sense the spear-bearer nearing.
It gets colder still. - #761 of Sokan's One Thousand Verses on the Demon Hattori
Young Hattori was so gifted with the sword, that the Emperor offered a prize of one thousand horses to anyone who could defeat her. For years, new warriors came to count every day only to be defeated. But on the day the Demon Kagima arrived to challenge her, Hattori sensed his malevolent power and fled. Enraged, the Demon kidnapped Hattori's three sisters and carried them away to his island kingdom.
Horrified by the consequences of her actions, Hattori built a boat out of reeds and pursued the Demon. She was lost at sea until a stork lord showed her the passages between the twilight and the night to the Demon's realm. There Hattori found a bizarre world of talking stones and eight-armed ferryman. In the City of the Onyx Castle, she met Kagima's own brother, who offered to give Hattori his strength to defeat his brother, in return for hand in marriage.
True to his word, the Demon exchanged his own blood with Hattori's, and Hattori slew Kagima and freed her sisters. She became Queen of the Island Kingdom, but the demon blood burned in her. It drove Hattori to wander the twilight passages until she discovered Valhalla. Through the eternal tournament Hattori slakes the lust for battle that threatens to consume her.
A half-demon ninja who sold her soul to the devil? Well that's one, frankly rather negative, way for looking at it. - Hattori
The demonblooded Hattori's ninja outfit comprises of a burgundy and red sleeveless uwagi, fishnet undershirt, shoulder pads, forearm bracers, and burgundy zubon pants tied at the shin with matching tabi socks and a pair of thong sandals. Her jet black hair is tied in a short, high tail, and she wears a bright red hachimaki over her head, the front of which is hidden by her bangs. All this striking red and black is offset by her painted white face, locked in a determined and ruthless expression with blood red eyeliner stylized with long tear-like slashes. The only colour aside from red across Hattori's entire appearance is the unearthly yellow of her eyes, perhaps betraying her demonic blood.
|Neutral||NINJA VANISH! Hattori vanishes in a blast of smoke and reappears up in the air and slightly ahead, immediately delivering a huge two-handed downwards slash with her sword.||26.2 damage||130 ms||The attack hits in a surprisingly big area, including above Hattori, and is very difficult to gauge because of the smoke. This makes it a great option against unaware opponents scrambling to get back on the stage. However, overusing it will easily get you in trouble, as the attack leaves you vulnerable from the back and during the “teleport” sequence itself – especially to weapon throws.|
|A lunging twirl that carries Hattori a distance forward. The first target caught by the twirl is stunned and struck with a slash that throws the target in the opposite direction.||32.0-38.4 damage||This move is pretty much an improved version of the Sword Side Light that starts and travels slower but deals more damage.|
|↓||Hattori rapidly backflips back a short distance before following with a rapid forward dash and a low horizontal slice with her sword. This move pauses to charge at the end of the backflip.||27.6-32.0 damage||This attack hits far beyond Hattori’s landing position after the dash, making it a useful option to catch the opponent who is trying to get back to the ground.|
|Input||Description||Animation||Uncharged Damage||Full Damage||Stun||Frame Data||Notes|
|Neutral||NINJA VANISH! Hattori disappears into the ground in a gout of smoke and demonic magic and lunges spear-first back out of the ground a short distance ahead, throwing struck targets straight up.||This move hits surprisingly far, both horizontally and vertically, making it an excellent trap against the opponents trying to land on the ground. Still, spamming it will quickly get you punished, so use it sparingly.|
|Hattori thrusts her spear into the ground ahead and uses it to perform a forward diving kick that carries her a moderate distance forward. A target caught by the foot is then swiped by a magically charged sideways strike with the spear.||Pretty similar to Hattori’s Sword Side Signature.|
|↓||“Deadly Distraction!” Hattori gathers a billowing cloud of grey smoke around herself, then cuts it open with a horizontal strike with the spear. Anything moderately close to Hattori while the smoke gathers is stunned and drawn into the cloud and struck with the final strike. The strike itself hits anything very close or directly in front of Hattori.||27.21 - 29.93||31.82 - 35.83||21ms||This move creates a zone of danger for all opponents standing nearby, making it useful for catching unaware enemies. However, it lingers long enough to leave Hattori vulnerable to weapon throws, or long-ranged attacks from the back, which will cancel the attack immediately.|
|Weapon||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Sword||DLight, Gravity Cancel, NHeavy||32.4|
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
| Classic Colors
Unlock at Level 2
Unlock at Level 5
Unlock at Level 10
Unlock at Level 12
Unlock at Level 14
Unlock at Level 16
Unlock at Level 18
Unlock at Level 20
Price: 10000 Gold
(Requires Level 10)
Price: 25000 Gold
(Requires Level 25)
Available only from devs for
contributing to the community.
Price: 2500 Glory
(Requires Level 5)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Valhallentine's)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Summer Heatwave)
Price: 3000 Gold
(Only during Brawlhalloween)
| Winter Holiday|
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Brawlidays)
- Hattori is one of the most popular legends in Brawlhalla, used by many players.
- In modern times, Hattori would be classified as a kunoichi, a contemporary term for female ninjas.
- Hattori's default weapons are the Katana (sword) and the Yari (spear). "Yari" means "spear" in Japanese, whilst katana is a type of single-bladed sword used by ancient Japanese warriors, like samurais and shinobis (ninjas).
- Hattori's bot name is Bottori.
- Hattori is one of two legends that met with the demon Kagima and his family. The other was Koji who, when offered the same demonic power, beheaded Kagima
- Hattori is almost certainly named after the infamous ninja Hattori Hanzo from 1700s feudal Japan, who appears pop culture elsewhere fairly often.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.67.0||Hattori has received a shift in power within her Sword kit, with the Neutral Sword losing some horizontal coverage via decreased travel speed after the teleport. In compensation, the Down Sword has received faster Time to Hit for more responsive use, although those frames have been added to the end of the attack as Recover time. This should make the Down Sword both easier to hit when used properly, but more punishable when used improperly. The Down Spear has received a significant increase in minimum Stun time to prevent being punished for hitting an opponent, as Hattori was at a disadvantage in certain cases when the opponent was left at close range after being struck.|
• Hattori Neutral Sword: Decreased horizontal travel distance during the sword swing.
• Hattori Down Sword: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 21 to 18; Increased Recover time from 18 to 21.
• Hattori Down Spear: Increased Stun from 13 to 22.
|2.60.0||• Hattori Side Sword: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Pajama___Sam)|
|2.58.0||This week we continue on our quest to bring older animations more up to date, and add performance improvements where we can along the way. You can expect more improvements like these as we move towards PS4 release later this summer!|
• Removed secondary charge effects on Hattori’s Neutral Spear signature animation.
|2.48.0||With a versatile Signature kit that houses some high utility attacks, the reward on Hattori’s farther reaching attacks is slightly too high. We have reduced the base Damage value to match the utility of this attack.|
Side Sword: Decreased Damage from 30 to 27.
|2.36.0||• Hattori Down Spear: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.|
|2.29.0||• Signatures whose travel speed was affected by Dex retain their current travel speed but are no longer affected by stances: Hattori Side Sword|
Hattori’s Down Sword’s duration is fairly front-loaded, but it recovered a bit too quickly for such a useful power, so we have Increased the Recovery Time accordingly.
• Hattori Down Sword: Increased Fixed Recovery from 15 to 18.
|2.21.0||• Hattori’s Neutral Sword Signature FX now show on both sides of her instead of just in front.|
|2.20.0||• Fixed color swap bug with Hattori base sword handle and Armored Kore Gauntlets.|
|2.19.0||• Hattori Side Sword: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit Logic)|
|2.17.0||• Hattori Neutral Sword: Updated Hurtboxes to better follow animation.|
• Hattori Side Sword: Updated Hurtboxes to better follow animation.
• Hattori Down Sword: Updated Hurtboxes to better follow animation.
• Hattori Side Sword: Changed animation timing to better match Recover Time.
|2.13.1||Hattori's Neutral Sword has a lot going for it. Very low Recover Time, can be comboed out of the Sword Down Light, and unusually high Force for Hattori and for a spike. We've decreased this last part.|
• Hattori Neutral Sword: Decreased Variable Force from 61 to 57.
|2.12.0||The ability of Hattori's Neutral Sword to hit grounded opponents in rare circumstances feels inconsistent to the point where it is occasionally reported as a bug. We've raised its threat upward slightly to remove this case.|
• Hattori Neutral Sword: Increased vertical teleport distance; Decreased Hit Window from 10 to 9; Increased Recover Time from 15 to 17.
|2.10.0||• Hattori Down Sword: Increased movement speed during charge from -49 to 45 when dodge canceled.|
• Hattori Down Spear: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 19.
|2.9.0||• Hattori Neutral Spear: Updated hurtboxes to better match animation.|
|2.4.0||At the moment Hattori performing slightly better than intended and is getting toned down slightly.|
• Hattori Neutral Sword: Decreased Variable Force from 64 to 61.
• Hattori Side Spear: Decreased active frames on the vaulting kick from 13 to 10; Increased Movement Speed by roughly 17% during initial Recover frames; Reduced Variable Force from 57 to 53.
|2.3.1||• Hattori Down Spear: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit Eggsoup)|
|2.2.0||• Hattori Side Sword: Added missing hitbox during on-hit animation to fix a case where targets could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Tybo)|
|1.19.4||• Hattori Side Spear: Fixed some cases where the target could be dropped before the final hit. Credit: Th*Dust|
• Hattori Down Spear: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. Credit: TyaTheOlive
|1.16.0||• Hattori Neutral Spear: Slightly angled direction of Force.|
• Shifted a foot that was out of place in Hattori's character select idle animation.
|1.15.0||• Hattori Side Sword: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.|
|1.14.0||• Hattori Spear Side: Increased distance traveled; Slightly decreased Time to Hit; Slightly reduced Damage.|
|1.13.0||• Hattori Neutral Sword: Increased Damage; Slightly decreased Force.|
• Hattori Side Sword: Slightly increased distance traveled.
• Hattori Neutral Spear: Teleport occurs faster, with a shorter pause between appearing and attacking.
• Hattori Side Spear: Increased Stun Time.
|1.12.5||• Removed a stray dot that would appear far below the character during Hattori Sword Down.|
|1.11.0||• Hattori Side Sword: Reduced Force.|
• Hattori Down Spear: Increased Time to Hit.
|1.10.1||• Hattori and Roland now have unique powers for all Heavy Ground attacks with both weapons.|
|1.5.2||• Hattori now has hit-react animations on her special attacks.|
|1.5.1||• Updated Hattori Deadly Distraction sfx.|
|1.1.0||• Hattori Deadly Distraction: Increased Damage.|
|1.0.0||• Hattori Deadly Distraction:Updated spear animation.|
|0.4.0||• Hattori has been added to the roster!|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis • Caspian