Lord Vraxx is a high dexterity diabolical alien warlord Legend, featuring the Rocket Lance and Blasters as his weapons. He can be unlocked for 3900 gold. Hairless, with teal skin, and a single malicious eye, Vraxx's alien nature is unquestionable. His appearance reflects his grandeur and self-dignity: Vraxx is the boss, wants you to know it, and isn't afraid to leverage his otherworldly reflexes, conniving trickery and high-tech weaponry make sure you never forget it in the arena of combat.
Scheming conquerer of a thousand worlds. What's one more? - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Lord Vraxx we adore thee. So strong and smart and great.
Don't shoot or fry or jail us. Don't crush or immolate.
Don't chop us into pieces. Don't throw us in the bay.
We are loyal, true, and faithful. You're looking great today. - 241st stanza of the Vraxxian Imperial Anthem.
Vraxx's father was Governor-Tyrant of the Ice Planet Roldakk-9, and young Vraxx spent his childhood like most Zhaktari noblespawn - in a vat. As a cadet pilot in the Zhaktar Academy for Conquest and Subjugation, he excelled in space dogfighting, spacedog fighting, judging the weak and planetary inmolation.
As a young warlord, Vraxx destroyed Roldakk for harboring his childhood piano teacher and soon built an impressive empire through fear, intimidation, brillant space combat, and fear. However, Vraxx's extraordinary military prowess was always undermined by overconfidence, grandstanding, gloating, unworkable revenge plots, and general self-indulgence. He destroyed one planet because he didn't like the color of their beaches, and disintegrated so many ill-performing generals that the rank of lieutenant colonel became known as 'the sweet spot.'
In Valhalla, Vraxx's naked ambition and unremitting scheming is reassuringly constant. He is contemptuous of heroes who are not royalty, and only Nai, Bodvar, Hattori and Orion are worthy of direct address. Vraxx's most prized possession is everything he owns so no touching.
Now, Lance Starchampion, I've beaten you at laser sword dueling, just as I have beaten you at everything else. But I will keep you alive long enough to witness my final victory. - Lord Vraxx
Hairless, with bright teal skin, and an evil grin mooning under a single malicious eye on a lumpy, bulbous head, Vraxx's physical features make his alien nature as unquestionable as his vicious, unforgiving nature. Vraxx is dressed in red and rose gold space armor that leave his upper arms, hands, upper legs, and head exposed - the armour appears to clasp firmly to his body and even gives him an extraordinarily high collared decorative piece extending behind his head. The thick bracers adorning his forearms each have two visible tubes protruding from them, the purpose of which is yet to be discovered. The armour, while practical, is excessive and grandiloquent, reflecting Lord Vraxx's self-dignified and royal heritage.
Selenite Jet Lance
Selenite Ray Guns
|Neutral||The Saturn Strike! A conical rayblast with both guns at an upwards diagonal, which comes out relatively quickly and covers a large wedge of space in the air.||This move creates a brief damage zone next to Lord Vraxx, making it good for gravity cancels and counters.|
|Vraxx does a stepping, forward sweep with an energy arc from his rear blaster, turns around and follows it with a short pulse with his forward blaster. Carries Vraxx forward a moderate distance. Anything caught by the initial arc will also be struck by the follow-up blast.||This move is very similar to Barraza's blasters side signature. Vraxx's version is faster, but slightly less powerful. Good against opponents who like to dodge attacks in place.|
|↓||A concentrated double-blast with both blasters concentrated on a point a moderate distance away from Vraxx – further than usual Blasters range. The blast explodes upwards from the ground and has a big radius, but it does not hit anything between itself and Vraxx.||The move's hit area is marked very clearly by a charging green ball of energy. Nevertheless, the hit comes out very quickly once released, making it good for both attacking the enemy at an unexpectedly long range. It is not too effective against non-grounded opponents. Gravity canceling this move will easily surprise an unexperienced opponent who tries to evade you too hard.|
|Neutral||The Selenite Sling! Vraxx projects long energetic tendrils from his lance in a forward diagonal above him. Anything struck by it is grabbed, projected out to the end of the tendrils and quickly pulled back onto the tip of the lance before being shot away forwards and upwards.||While the hitbox of this move is small and not easy to predict, experienced Vraxx mains can turn it into an excellent air-catching moves, since it goes out very quickly and works wonders when gravity canceled.|
|A powerful charge. Like with most lance users, this move has great force and carries Vraxx a significant distance forward. It covers less distance than those of Orion or Scarlet.||Good bread-and-butter signature attack for the lance, which acts pretty much like an improved Side Light with slight delay but much bigger range. Does not carry you over the mines, and does not let you hit opponents standing too close to you.|
|↓||A low, charged stabbing thrust with the lance that carries Vraxx forward a very slight distance. An opponent struck by the thrust is grabbed on the tip of the lance by a coiling whip of energy before Vraxx hurls them in the opposite direction.||The thrust has about the same range as the Lance Side Light. This move hits closer to the ground, catches opponents standing very close to Vraxx and allows him to stay practically in the same place. Good for sneaky attacks while staying out of harm’s way, just like an interplanetary emperor must do.|
|Weapon||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
- Vraxx's weapon applications are unusual in spacing, but all come out lightning fast. Use this to your advantage - mix your signatures in with your light attacks and catch your opponent off guard when they're least expecting it! His gun signatures in particular come out very quick, and the neutral and down gun sig are valuable as zoning and area control tools when they're not used to crack down on an opponent.
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
- Lord Vraxx's default weapons are the Selenite Jet Lance (rocket lance) and the Selenite Ray Guns (blasters).
- Lord Vraxx's bot name is Robraxx.
- Lord Vraxx was one of the first four Legends to be developed for the game, the others being Cassidy, Bodvar and Orion.
- Lord Vraxx continually attempts to conquer Valhalla, occasionally with the assistance of Thatch. He is obviously yet to succeed.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.18.0||• Vraxx Neutral Lance: Fixed some cases where targets could be hit away from Vraxx and still affected by the grab behaviors.|
• Vraxx Down Lance: Fixed some cases where targets could be hit away from Vraxx and still affected by the grab behaviors.
|2.17.0||Vraxx's Neutral Lance on hit behavior extended a few frames into the miss animation before transitioning into the hit animation. There are still some slightly jarring aspects to the transition that we'll have to address in a later patch, but this shouldn't have any significant balance implications.|
• Vraxx Neutral Lance: Adjusted animation to match Hitbox timing; Total power duration on hit decreased from 87 to 83.
• Vraxx Neutral Blasters: Adjusted Hurtboxes to better follow animation.
• Vraxx Neutral Lance: Adjusted Hurtboxes to better follow animation.
• Vraxx Down Lance: Adjusted Hurtboxes to better follow animation.
|2.16.0||We're moving some power from Vraxx's extremely high damage Neutral Lance to bolster the underwhelming damage of his Side Lance.|
• Vraxx Neutral Lance: Decreased Damage from 40 to 36.
• Vraxx Side Lance: Increased Damage from 21 to 26.
• Vraxx Side Lance - Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.
|2.14.0||• Vraxx Side Blasters: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped before the final hit.|
|2.13.1||Vraxx's Down Blasters have both low Damage and Force for a signature, and is getting a slight increase.|
• Vraxx Down Blasters: Increased Damage From 20 to 22; Increased Variable Force from 45 to 46.
• Vraxx Side Lance: Fixed a case that could cause the target to be dropped before the final hit. Credit: JimBenDoto
|2.10.0||• Vraxx Neutral Lance: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 17.|
• Vraxx Down Blasters: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 15.
|2.8.0||• Vraxx Side Blasters: Updated hurtboxes to better match animation.|
|2.5.0||Vraxx's Side Blasters were killing too early considering their fast startup and recovery times and his 4 Strength.|
• Vraxx Side Blasters: Reduced Variable Force from 55 to 52.
|2.3.1||Vraxx's Side Blasters didn't reflect the animation's timing very well. It's been adjusted slightly to match, which should also help with some potential drop cases.|
• Vraxx Side Blasters: Rehitboxed to better match animation.
|2.1.0||Vraxx's Blaster signatures have some of the shortest Recover Times of any character, which can lead to some particularly abusive combinations. The biggest offenders have been given a little more window to punish.|
• Vraxx Neutral Blasters: Increased Recover Time.
• Vraxx Down Blasters: Slightly increased Recover Time.
|2.0.0||• Vraxx Side Lance: Fixed some cases where target could be dropped before the final hit. [Credit Antlan]|
|1.20.1||• Vraxx Side Blasters: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final hit.|
|1.17.0||Powers that "grab" had logic to prevent them from being interrupted when hit. These cases happen a lot more in 2v2 and can feel broken and unsatisfying. We'll be keeping an eye on these individual moves to see if it becomes too easy to save teammates caught by them.|
• Vraxx Neutral Lance, Vraxx Down Lance: Removed period where user cannot be interrupted during grab.
|1.15.0||It's a continuing trend all the way from early alpha that we overestimate how much of a threat Vraxx is. We're improving two of his Lance signatures to reduce his reliance on the Neutral Lance sig that was reduced several patches ago. His Down Lance is now faster and more mobile, and his Side Lance hits harder.|
• Vraxx Down Lance: Slightly reduced Hitbox size; Slightly decreased Time to Hit; Slightly increased Hit Window; Increased distance traveled; Increased Damage.
• Vraxx Side Lance: Increased Force.
|1.14.0||• Reassigned color swap values to Vraxx's skin for clarity.|
|1.13.0||• Vraxx Neutral Lance: Increased Hitbox size.|
|1.12.0||• Vraxx Lance Neutral: Rehitboxed to better match animation; Reduced Hitbox size.|
• Vraxx Lance Side: Rehitboxed to better match animation. Fixed some cases where targets could be dropped before the final hit.
• Vraxx Blasters Neutral: Slightly adjusted starting hitboxes.
|1.10.1||• Vraxx Neutral Blasters: Now has charge up FX.|
|1.9.1||• New special buildup sounds for Vraxx.|
|1.7.1||• Vraxx Blasters Neutral Heavy: Added a small hitbox when swinging pistols upward that combos into the blast. Increased Damage and Force.|
• Vraxx Blasters Side Heavy: Increased Damage.
• Vraxx Blasters Down Heavy: Decreased minimum charge time. Increased Damage.
• Vraxx Lance Down Heavy: Increased AoE size to better match animation. Slightly increased hit window. Increased Force.
|1.7.0||• Ada, Cassidy, Lord Vraxx, and Scarlet now have unique powers for all Heavy ground attacks with both weapons.|
|0.5.1||• Lord Vraxx weapon art has been improved.|
|0.4.0||• 2 Weapons: Each character now has two melee weapons they can use in combat. Picking up a weapon drop randomly gives your character one of their two weapons.|
• Vraxx Selenite Sling: Reduced Damage and Force.
|0.3.0||• Legend specific attacks now activate when pressing the heavy button without a direction. The normal neutral attacks have been moved to the down attack.|
• Vraxx Saturn Strike: Updated sound effects.
• Vraxx Raygun Rampage: Updated sound effects.
|0.2.0||• Vraxx Saturn Strike: Fx improved.|
• Vraxx Selenite Sling: Fx improved.
|0.1.0||• Each Legend in Brawlhalla now has 4 special powers, one for each weapon!|
• Each Legend now has different stat allocations.
|0.0.1||• Lord Vraxx is added to the game|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis