Projects page (to do list)
From Brawlhalla Wiki
Things that need doing on the wiki.
For anyone to do
many Legends need move descriptions and possibly some basic usage notes for anyone reading, particularly for signatures--Machiavelli33 (talk) 09:08, 10 December 2015 (EST)
- Tournaments in general need continual updating, since these seem to be happening all the damn time. On the other hand, it probably means that recording tournaments and tournament results is probably less important in the grand scheme since there's so many, especially since at this point it'd need a continually busy and dedicated recorder person to keep track of everything. And since the community doesn't seem focus on going back over tourney results and playbacks that much, it's probably not a priority - though the page is there so maybe it'd be nice to have. --Machiavelli33 (talk) 02:09, 5 January 2016 (EST)
- Main page headings need some nice CSS template, like this wiki. (I'd use some templates to do it, but the wiki still has no license, so unsure if I can port templates over from other wikis. -- Bruce (talk) 10:46, 29 September 2015 (EDT))
Every Legend that came out after BrynnUlgrim, Koji, Azoth and Barraza don't have Progression data that would put their colors in order - given that color variations are currently labelled by their unlocking level, proper progression levels should be recorded for those Legends. Machiavelli33 (talk) 13:55, 14 April 2016 (EDT) Machiavelli33 (talk) 12:21, 17 July 2016 (EDT)
- New long-term project: Individual Legend changelogs. Since KerisTerim put things in place for Patch-notes recording, we can now go back and retroactively scrub though the patches for changes relevant to individual legends and log those onto Legend pages - this is a request from Raidhyn specifically, so it's gonna get done...if gradually. Machiavelli33 (talk) 12:21, 17 July 2016 (EDT)
For Blue Mammoth Games to consider
- The wiki needs a license. Blue Mammoth Games is looking into that.
The wiki needs a visual editor. Mediawiki has one so editing looks like this rather than like this.Wiki doesn't need a visual editor, specially since extended contributors seem both few and dedicated, right now. Put this on the nice to have list, or until demand for editing the wiki goes up Machiavelli33 (talk) 00:44, 5 May 2016 (EDT)
- Would be nice if we could embed videos. This may help.
- Some further extensions could be helpful for several purposes: pollmaking and randomizers are both mediawiki extensions that haven't been installed yet and would be nice to have around Machiavelli33 (talk) 00:44, 5 May 2016 (EDT)
When I try to edit I keep getting a "*** Forbidden. Please submit form again. ***" message. My edit goes through after I save the page enough times, but the error is annoying. (-- Bruce (talk) 21:28, 26 September 2015 (EDT)) Also happens to me, but only once, the second time it works. This WILL slow down productivity. (pab9ab (talk) 21:54, 5 October 2015 (EDT)) Seems to happen much less often these days.Solved....? --Machiavelli33 (talk) 02:09, 5 January 2016 (EST)
- Art assets for everything where there's a WORK IN PROGRESS picture instead of a proper picture. All non-Legend weapon skins need these. New stages also need pictures, along with many of the new Legend skins. --Machiavelli33 (talk) 09:08, 10 December 2015 (EST) Also, since sections for color variations are more or less in, pictures for all the color variations for all the Legends. That's a brick of stuff, there. --Machiavelli33 (talk) 02:09, 5 January 2016 (EST) Thanks to a recently released BMG presskit, a lot of pictures are in place - color variations for everything are still needed,
but there's a template being slowly put into place for everything to make editing in images easier. Template is in place. Pictures still needed though. Machiavelli33 (talk) 12:45, 18 April 2016 (EDT)Aren't those presskits a godsend. Pictures are going up all over the place, thoguh they're not all in yet. A new presskit comes out approximately every month (though the link on the official site isn't updated continually), which will help us keep up as new skins, legends and weapons get put out. Machiavelli33 (talk) 00:44, 5 May 2016 (EDT)
- Some way to officially mark articles and pages for deletion would be good. The Delete and Speedy Delete templates used on regular wikis seems to not work here, and right now the only way to mark pages that need to go away or get cleaned up are to stick them in the Category:Marked For Deletion category, which is slowly and steadily growing, especially with the recent spate of bots and bot accounts in the last few weeks. --Machiavelli33 (talk) 02:05, 5 January 2016 (EST) The devs seem to respond to the deletion category, so that's the way to do it, for now, for reference, that's adding "[[Category: Marked For Deletion]]" to the bottom of a page that you want deleted, and deleting all other categories in the page. --Machiavelli33 (talk) 01:56, 14 February 2016 (EST)