Scarlet is a high attack, Victorian steampunk-styled legend, featuring the Hammer and Rocket Lance as her weapons. She can be unlocked for 5400 gold. Scarlet's cultured, high-class background is reflected in her equally sophisticated Victorian-era clothing, coloured brightly in white, maroon and blue. Her eyes show her curiosity of and desire to dismantle everything around her, and her weapons are both enhanced with steam power, making their impacts far harder, her offensive style far more potent, and her attacks far harder to forget when tending wounds.
The daVinci of steam. Madmen bent on world domination made excellent field tests for her inventions. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Lady Necessity, The daVinci of Steam
Scarlet Dashwood is the inventor of the steam dirigible, the aethor oculuscope, the undersea bathydrome, the electric light bulb, the rocket lance, the first practicable space travel, the first practicable time travel... -Encyclopedia Omnibus, 1889 Edition
Scarlet Dashwood was the youngest person ever elected to the Royal Society, and the only female boxing champion of England. On an expedition to the remote Andes searching for the source of the mysterious aether-flux, she discovered a Lost World of dinosaurs, but was betrayed by her partner, the most beloved scientist of the age, Baron Von Evilstein. The Baron stole her inventions, framed Scarlet for his supposed murder, and vanished.
Ten years later, the Baron emerged from the Lost World at the head of a vast armada of airships and dinosaur-riding ape warriors. One after another, the armies of the world fell before the Baron's high-tech aether weapons until Scarlet and her Royal Airship Navy were all that stood between the Baron and World domination. In the skies over the English Channel, Scarlet led the counterattack, finally defeating the Baron in a vast air battle that twice circumnavigated the world.
Since arriving in Valhalla, Scarlet has been obsessed with the wondrous technology of the gods, and is constantly devising new weapons and challenges to add to the tournament.
Ignore the pterodactyls! Get me on that Zeppelin! - Scarlet to her air skiff pilot, Second Battle of the Andes.
Victorian, steampunk-styled gentlewoman Scarlet's cultured, high-class background is reflected in her equally sophisticated Victorian-era clothing, coloured brightly in white, maroon and blue: her gleaming white blouse is worn under a small blue coat that covers her upper torso, with maroon trousers and high boots covering her legs. She wears on her chest a shining green gem, likely an emerald, set into a golden broach that clips her blue coat together. Her hair, immaculately kept and coloured a striking dark red, is tied behind the head to stop it getting in the way of her inventing and/or disassembling work. Her hair also shows her brass inventor's goggles that are inset with bright green glass, while her eyes themselves show her curiosity of and desire to dismantle everything around her. Her Rocket Lance, called the Aetheric Rocket Drill (of her own invention), and her Pneumatic Hammer, are both ornamental pieces, made of gold or gold-plate metal and rich red wood. Their decorations are extravagant and typical of the Victorian style of her era, incorporating many curving edges and Fleur-de-Lis.
|Rocket Lance |
|Neutral||Scarlet reels back and swings her hammer at a high upwards diagonal angle, knocking back airborne enemies with tremendous force. Has long reach, though does not reliably hit close targets. Carries Scarlet forward a very slight distance.||Scarlet hits only in the front part of her swing and cannot damage anyone with the backswing of her hammer during this move. Nevertheless, this is a powerful and very effective anti-air move that has many purposes, and steam makes it hard to watch its hitbox.|
|Scarlet leaps into the air, bringing the hammer smashing down in an overhead arc into the ground in front of her. Carries Scarlet forward a short distance - if there is no ground underneath where she lands as the hammer comes down, the arc of the hammer reaches a little farther where it would otherwise strike ground as Scarlet carries the move through into a mid-air twirl.||This move is somewhat similar to Bodvar's side hammer signature, though slower and more powerful. Its hitbox extends slightly when there is no ground underneath the landing spot.|
|↓||Scarlet propels her hammer in a low, fast horizontal arc in front of her. If the blow connects, the target is caught onto the hammerhead, and Scarlet twirls them around her one more time before releasing them and sending them hurling back behind and above her.||Like with Bodvar’s Hammer down signature, this move is good for catching unaware opponents, although it has far less reach and comes out more quickly. When used properly, can be immensely powerful in the air.|
|Neutral||Scarlet bucks the lance forward like a rearing horse as it charges, curving the charge upwards and striking anything close in front and also above.||Due to its combination of horizontal and vertical movement, this attack can easily surprise most unexperienced or unprepared opponents, especially at the tip. Many Scarlet players love to use this attack to finish enemies who are trying to land back on the arena.|
|Scarlet hops on her lance and casually sits sidesaddle as it propels forward. This has a long forward reach and motion, and a powerful knockback.||This move hits for a very long distance, right until Scarlet’s lance begins to descend. Use it when the enemy is landing on the ground or running toward you blindly. Watch out – this move’s range saves you from riposte strikes, but you are still vulnerable from above. Scarlet can easily hover over mines.|
|↓||Scarlet takes a small step back and points her lance's thruster at the enemy before ejecting a plume of steam from it's mouth. The gout of steam hits anything in a long range ahead of where Scarlet is standing, and slightly above.||The hitbox of the attack is very huge, making it perfect for stopping a blindly approaching enemy dead in their tracks. However, it leaves Scarlet vulnerable right after the attack, making her a sitting duck if the steam blast is used improperly.|
|Weapon||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Rocket Lance||SLight, NHeavy||27.5|
- Because Scarlet is a very high damage Legend with very risky/situational abilities, she relies heavily on unarmed combat and light attacks, and requires using signatures sparingly.
Use of Signatures
- Scarlet's signatures are huge and effective. Nevertheless, you must make sure to use her sigs more defensively, as they are easy to punish.
- Use Scarlet's Lance down signature for effective counter play, both offensive or defensive.
- Her lance neutral signature hits at the base of lance too. This makes it great for ledge guarding!
- Scarlet's Hammer neutral signature raises her above the ground level. Helpful in 2v2 situations!
- Air canceling Her Hammer side signature increases the size of the attack's hitbox.
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
| Classic Colors
Unlock at Level 2
Unlock at Level 5
Unlock at Level 10
Unlock at Level 12
Unlock at Level 14
Unlock at Level 16
Unlock at Level 18
Unlock at Level 20
Price: 10000 Gold
(Requires Level 10)
Price: 25000 Gold
(Requires Level 25)
Available only from devs for
contributing to the community.
Price: 2500 Glory
(Requires Level 5)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Valhallentine's)
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Summer Heatwave)
Price: 3000 Gold
(Only during Brawlhalloween)
| Winter Holiday|
Price: 1500 Gold
(Only during Brawlidays)
- Scarlet's default weapons are the Pneumatic Hammer (hammer) and the Aetheric Rocket Drill (rocket lance).
- Scarlet's bot name is Scarbot.
- Both Scarlet and Sentinel have fought against villains with the name Evilstein. It is unknown if there is any relation between the two villains.
- The Rocket Lance, used in Brawlhalla by a number of legends, was invented by Scarlett according to her lore.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.68.0||We have reduced the recover time on Scarlet’s Down Lance to bring the risk/reward better in line with other similar powers. Coupled with the previous change to recover time behavior of this power, the Down Lance is punishable with improper use while not feeling overly stiff in use.|
• Scarlet Down Lance: Decreased Recover time from 0 Variable/20 Fixed to 0 Variable/17 Fixed.
|2.67.0||Scarlet’s Down Lance is no longer able to move during its Recover time, as players could have an overly difficult time approaching against this Signature. Scarlet’s Neutral Lance rehitboxing sees a moderate decrease in horizontal coverage, although a minor increase in vertical coverage.|
• Scarlet Down Lance: Can no longer move during Recover time.
• Scarlet Neutral Lance: Rehitboxed to better match the animation.
|2.62.0||• Cleanup on character select animation.|
|2.61.0||The Neutral Hammer can be a strong attack, but overly difficult to land as the speed of the game has increased. We have decreased the Minimum Charge resulting in a faster strike that better fits the current pace of the game.|
• Neutral Hammer: Decreased Minimum Charge from 15 to 12.
|2.60.0||• Added the ability for animated lances to trigger animations during the ascent of Scarlet's Neutral Lance.|
• Minor tweaks to Scarlet's Side Lance animation. Fixed a bug that would cause some of the effects to play at the wrong time. Added animated lances during travel. Also extended recover animation to match timing of the power. Added a landing animation if it finishes near ground.
• Flipped the lance art earlier in Scarlet's Down Lance animation.
|2.29.0||• Signatures whose travel speed was affected by Dex retain their current travel speed but are no longer affected by stances: Scarlet Down Hammer.|
|2.23.0||Scarlet is slightly over-performing expectations, so we are shifting some power within her Neutral Lance to be a little less threatening at medium damage ranges, while feeling a bit more rewarding throughout.|
• Scarlet Neutral Lance: Decreased Variable Force from 53 to 51; Increased Damage from 15 to 17.
• Scarlet’s Down Lance and Ada’s Neutral Blasters now follow the proper rules and are no longer able to jump during their recover time.
• Scarlet Down Lance: No longer able to jump during recovery.
|2.21.0||• Scarlet Neutral Lance: Fixed a timing issue with the animation that caused it not to match hitbox timing.|
|2.17.0||• Scarlet Down Hammer: Updated Hurtboxes to better follow animation.|
• Scarlet Down Hammer: Changed animation timing to better match Recover Time.
|2.12.3||Force on the Side Hammer has been dialed back slightly to push the use cases for Scarlet’s Down and Side Hammer further apart, as well as lower Scarlet’s overperformance at lower ranks of play.|
• Scarlet Side Hammer: Decreased Variable Force from 65 to 63.
|2.12.0||Scarlet remains one of the highest winrates at low ranks. Her Side Lance is getting a small increase in Time to Hit.|
• Scarlet Side Lance: Increased Time to Hit from 19 to 20.
|2.10.0||• Scarlet Side Lance: Increased movement speed during charge from 0 to 44 when dodge canceled.
• Scarlet Down Lance: Increased movement speed during charge from -35 to 40 when dodge canceled.
|2.9.0||Scarlet's Side Lance rapidly covers a lot of distance with plenty of Force. We're adding a small amount of startup to give more opportunity to get out of its way.|
• Scarlet Side Lance: Increased Time to Hit from 16 to 18.
• Scarlet Side Hammer: Updated hurtboxes to better match animation. • Scarlet Neutral Lance: Updated hurtboxes to better match animation.
|2.8.0||• Minor color scheme improvements to Cursed Gold Thatch, Steamsmith Scarlet, and Metadev Orion.
• Scarlet Side Hammer: Fixed a bug where the power could land slightly above the ground.
|2.5.0||The reductions to Scarlet last patch didn't seem to have much of an effect. We're dialing down her potential for early knockouts slightly to bring her more in line.|
• Scarlet Side Lance: Decreased Variable Force from 55 to 53; Decreased Fixed Force from 90 to 80.
|2.4.0||Our recent changes to Scarlet appear to have been an overbuff, and she's come back with a vengeance this patch. We're shifting some of the recent changes to more of a middle ground.|
• Scarlet Neutral Lance: Increased Recover Time from 26 to 30.
• Scarlet Side Lance: Increased Recover Time from 27 to 32.
|2.3.1||Scarlet's Neutral and Side Lance have Recover Times longer than their Stun to the point where she can be heavily punished for succesfully landing them on a fresh opponent. These changes should put her and her target on more even ground, as well as make her signatures a little less oppressive to use.|
• Scarlet Neutral Lance: Increased Stun Time from 18 to 25; Reduced Recover Time from 31 to 25. Fixed Force begins at 90 and drops to 75, increased from a flat 75.
• Scarlet Side Lance: Increased Stun Time from 18 to 27; Reduced Recover Time from 31 to 26. Fixed Force begins at 90 and drops to 75, increased from a flat 75.
|1.20.1||Despite being underpicked, Scarlet has been engineering high win rates for several patches. As such, some of her Hammer signatures have gotten a little slower this patch.|
• Scarlet Hammer Side: Increased Time to Hit.
• Scarlet Hammer Neutral: Increased Time to Hit.
|1.17.0||Powers that "grab" had logic to prevent them from being interrupted when hit. These cases happen a lot more in 2v2 and can feel broken and unsatisfying. We'll be keeping an eye on these individual moves to see if it becomes too easy to save teammates caught by them.|
• Hammer Down Air, Bodvar Neutral Sword, Cassidy Neutral Hammer, Vraxx Neutral Lance, Vraxx Down Lance, Scarlet Down Hammer, Teros Neutral Hammer: Removed period where user cannot be interrupted during grab.
|1.13.0||• Scarlet Neutral Hammer: Slightly increased Recover Time.
• ScarletScarlet Side Hammer: Reduced Hitbox sizes; Slightly increased Recover Time.
|1.12.0||• Improved sounds on Queen Nai, Gnash, Scarlet, and Sentinel powers.|
|1.9.1||• New special buildup sounds for Cassidy, Teros, Gnash, Nai, Scarlet, Sentinel, and Vraxx.|
|1.9.0||• Scarlet Neutral Lance: Reduced Hitbox sizes; Increased Minimum Charge Time.
• Scarlet Side Lance: Reduced Hitbox sizes.
|1.7.2||• Scarlet Hammer Down Heavy: Decreased Force.
• Scarlet Lance Side Heavy: Slightly Decreased Force.
|1.7.0||• Ada, Cassidy, Lord Vraxx, and Scarlet now have unique powers for all Heavy ground attacks with both weapons.|
|1.5.2||• Scarlet Boiling Point: Reduced hit window, Damage and Force fall off faster. Increased minimum Force.|
|1.5.1||• Reworked Scarlet Boiling Point sfx.
• Revised Scarlet Centrifugal Force sfx.
|1.2.0||• Scarlet Boiling Point: Hit box better matches the steam cloud, and tails off in power at the end of the attack.|
|1.0.0||• Scarlet has been added to the roster!|
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis • Caspian