Teros is a high strength, low dexterity minotaur legend who uses the Axe and Hammer as his weapons. He can be unlocked for 3900 gold. Being the legendary minotaur that he is, Teros barely needs clothes, let alone armour, and shows off two curved horns that turn an ugly black at their tips on his head. Teros' life travelling from battle to battle has instilled a slow but efficient brutality into him - this brutality makes him a ferocious fighter, and his animalistic recklessness makes him dangerously unpredictable, which he uses to great effect in the eternal tournament.
Mess with the bull and you'll get the axe. Then the horns, like, right after. - Mallhalla purchase description
- 1 Lore
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Moveset
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Changelog
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
"Searching the dragon's chamber, we found yet another passage leading down. By the dwarf's reckoning, we were now twenty levels below the ruined keep. After a long descent, we emerged into the center of a vast stone labyrinth." -Flynkin Furfoot, only survivor of Heroes for Hire's expedition to Peril Mountain
The orphan boy-calf Teros relied on his terrible visage and instinct for sudden violence to survive on the streets of Dragonport. He got by as a stone carrier and debt collector until, in the gladiator pits, he found his true calling in reckless combat.
He thrived in the ring, crushing cleverer foes with implacable fury and animal wile. In the end, he could only be pitted against the rare ogre or giant, and he moved on to a life of wandering.
For a time, he carved out a place in Fangwild Forest, shouldering aside a wyvern and a hobgoblin clan. Later, he fell in with the Iron Legion, turning the tide of the Battle of Orc Pass for the Zombie Lord. His tenure as wizard's henchman ended typically - with the evil mage shrieking to him, "Finish them!" while fleeing through a magic portal. He lived for a while deep in Peril Mountain, where he found a strange comfort in the maze of abandoned tunnels.
In Valhalla, Teros is indifferent to the rules or intent of the Tournament, but takes savage joy in all battle. His nightly visit to the mead hall is heralded by throngs of fleeing Valhallans.
"I hate 'adventurers.' Always so sure, so sure. Like they have a magic spell that can tell good from evil, right from wrong." -Teros
Being the legendary minotaur that he is, Teros barely needs clothes, let alone armor, wearing little more than a red loincloth held up by an iron belt to pass as clothing. He also has spiked iron bracers, a hardened leather harness and a single iron ring on one ear, all a dark grey or black in color. Aside from his dusky brown fur, which is a slightly lighter shade on his chest and hands, most prominent in Teros' appearance are his impressive, curved cream horns, that turn an ugly black at their tips.
|Neutral||Teros leaps up into the air, sweeping the axe upwards as he does so, and follows it quickly by dropping back to the ground, smashing the axe back down into the ground. Both strikes have large sweeps and carry Teros forward a very slight distance. If there isn't a platform underneath Teros as he comes down in the second strike, the attack carries down a little farther than where it would otherwise be stopped by the ground.||Good as an anti-air or an edge guarding attack. Like Orion, Teros hangs in the air slightly before the second hit, making it possible to catch enemies who are too aggressive. Good for baiting the opponent who is trying to get back on the arena.|
|A lunging forward charge that carries Teros a good distance forward. Teros delivers two smashing forward chops in succession as he lunges. Slow-moving, but extremely powerful.||Since this move is unstoppable once it begins, use and position it carefully.|
|↓||RAAGHH! Teros delivers an arcing circular smash with the axe while standing in place that hits everything in an arc immediately around him. The attack hits targets immediately in front more reliably than those immediately behind.||Its range may catch many players unaware, making it a great anti-approach move when used properly.|
|Neutral||A reaching, forward-upwards diagonal thrust with the hammer while standing in place. Anything struck by the hammerhead is seized by Teros and hurled back behind him.||This moves comes out surprisingly fast and has a deceptively long range. When used correctly, it can easily catch evasive opponents.|
|Teros readies for a charge on one knee then performs a powerful lunge forward, thrusting the hammerhead ahead of him. Anything immediately near Teros and ahead is struck by this powerful attack.||Excellent for punishing foes or using with the chain dodge.|
|↓||Teros smashes the hammer into the ground directly in front, then turns in place and whips his hammer up in an arc behind him. The attack hits targets in front, and then shortly after behind. Teros ends the move facing in the opposite direction than he was before.||The two very wide sweeping strikes basically create a danger zone around Teros. Any opponents rushing in to riposte after the first attack will be slammed by the second one, making this move useful against trigger-happy foes.|
|Weapon||Inputs||What it's useful for||Damage||Stun||Other notes||Example video(s)|
|Hammer||DLight, DHeavy||41.5||Good low to mid Damage|
|Hammer||DLight, Jump, Gravity Cancel DHeavy||41.5||Good at mid to high damage|
Use of Signatures
Matchup strategy against specific Weapons
- To add strategy text for a Weapon when editing, simply add the name of the weapon after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Spear = Watch out for the ground pound!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
Matchup strategy against specific Legends
- To add strategy text for a Legend when editing, simply add the name of the Legend after a "|" within the Template brackets on a new line, followed by " = " and then your text (ex: |Cassidy = Watch out for her down sig!). If text already exists, use the existing field.
- For a breakdown of level requirements for colors by legend, see Progression. For Legend Skin color variations, see individual Skin pages, above.
- Teros' default weapons are the Battle Axe (axe) and the Iron Mallet (hammer).
- Teros' bot name is Terobot.
- For changes that applied to weapons rather than individual Legends, see individual Weapon pages.
|Click to see changes to this Legend ->|
|2.44.0||We have reduced the force on Teros’ Neutral Hammer given its excellent utility and angle of knockback. This should allow the target a chance at recovering and should also not be as threatening at mid-range health.|
• Teros Neutral Hammer: Decreased Force from 49 Variable/69 Fixed to 46 Variable/69 Fixed.
|2.33.0||Teros’ Neutral Hammer has the ability to score an early knockout near the edge, so we are slightly reducing the Fixed Force to bring it in line with other similar attacks.|
• Teros Neutral Hammer: Decreased Fixed Force from 71 to 69.
|2.20.0||Teros has received some updated hitboxing on his Side Axe, resulting in slightly less vertical reach on the first swing.|
• Teros Side Axe: Adjusted hitboxing to better match the animation.
|2.19.0||• Teros Side Axe: Fixed a case where target could be dropped before the final. (Credit rel00p)|
|2.18.0||• Teros Neutral Hammer: Fixed some cases where targets could be hit away from Teros and still affected by the grab behaviors.|
|2.17.0||• Teros Side Hammer: Updated Hurtboxes to better follow animation.|
|2.14.0||Teros's Side Axe is often a source of frustration for those not familiar with the power behind the attack, so we’ve dialed it down slightly.|
• Teros Side Axe: Decreased Variable Force from 65 to 63.
|2.12.3||• Fixed purple color conflicts for Rift Dweller Teros.|
|2.12.2||• Smoothed recovery of Teros Down Axe animation.|
|2.10.0||• Teros Neutral Hammer: On first frame of hit window, movement speed is capped at 22.
• Teros Side Hammer: Increased movement speed during charge from 45 to a range between 45 and 60 when dodge canceled.
|2.8.0||Teros's Neutral Hammer is too dominant right now, but the rest of his signatures are considered pretty bad. We've shifted some power from it to his Down Hammer and Neutral Axe.|
• Teros Neutral Hammer: Decreased Hitbox size; Decreased Variable Force from 52 to 50; Increased Fixed Force from 68 to 70.
• Teros Down Hammer: Slightly Increased Hitbox sizes; Decreased gap between swings from 20 to 16; Decreased Recover Time from 17 to 14.
• Teros Neutral Axe: Increased Hitbox sizes on initial ascent; Decreased forward movement on first frame.
|2.5.0||• Fixed Teros Neutral Axe animation to no longer jump above his hurtbox (Credit: Exo)
Teros's Side Axe covers enough ground and hits hard enough that trying to punish it sometimes doesn't feel worth the risk. It is also getting a slightly longer punish window.
|2.2.0||• Teros' teeth no longer change color (he's been using his toothbrush again).|
|2.1.0||• Fixed: Teros' horns now color swap on base skin and Iron Legion skin.|
|1.19.4||While Teros is far from terrible, we’ve received a lot of feedback indicating Teros' Hammer Down is largely considered a weaker choice than his other signatures. We're redistributing some of the power from his Side and Neutral Hammer signatures and making his DSig more useful by better covering the area beneath him on the second swing.|
• Teros Neutral Hammer: Slightly reduced Force.
•Teros Side Hammer: Reduced Hitbox size; Slightly increased Hit Window.
• Teros Down Hammer: Increased Hitbox size of the second swing to cover the area between attacks. Slightly reduced power duration.
• Teros Down Hammer: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. Credit: BerserkExo
|1.18.0||'The Down Axe Signature can be very difficult to deal with because it blooms out it every direction, protecting Teros hurtbox. We're trying to add some counterplay by adding an eye of the storm in the center of the attack where it can safely be avoided.|
• Teros Down Axe: Narrowed Hitboxes so that they can be underspaced.
• Teros Neutral Axe: Fixed some cases where a target could be dropped before the final hit. (hat tip ThStardust)
|1.17.0||Powers that "grab" had logic to prevent them from being interrupted when hit. These cases happen a lot more in 2v2 and can feel broken and unsatisfying. We'll be keeping an eye on these individual moves to see if it becomes too easy to save teammates caught by them.|
• Hammer Down Air, Bodvar Neutral Sword, Cassidy Neutral Hammer, Vraxx Neutral Lance, Vraxx Down Lance, Scarlet Down Hammer, Teros Neutral Hammer: Removed period where user cannot be interrupted during grab.
Teros continues to be a brutally heavy hitter, and one we expect to be even more devastating in 2v2 ranked play. Some of his stronger Signatures have been toned down a small amount in anticipation of this.
|1.16.0||• Brynn and Teros now have their name announced!|
|1.13.0||• Teros Neutral Hammer: Greatly increased Force; Increased Hit Window; Decreased Hitbox size; Decreased Recover Time on miss; Slightly increased Damage.|
|1.12.5||• Teros Axe Side: Adjusted Hitboxes; Fixed some cases where a target wouldn't be correctly carried into the second hit.|
|1.9.1||• New special buildup sounds for Cassidy, Teros, Gnash, Nai, Scarlet, Sentinel, and Vraxx.|
|1.9.0||• Teros Side Axe: Reduced Minimum Charge Time and Time to Hit.
• Teros Down Axe: Slightly reduced Minimum Charge Time and Time to Hit, slightly increased Hitbox Size.
|1.8.4||• Axe Icon will now correctly shows up instead of the Katar Icon for Teros inside character select.|
|1.8.0||• Teros the Minotaur has been added to the roster!|
• Playable by everyone during Closed Beta Round 1.
|LEGENDS OF BRAWLHALLA|
| Bödvar • Cassidy • Orion • Lord Vraxx • Gnash • Queen Nai • Hattori |
Sir Roland • Scarlet • Thatch • Ada • Sentinel • Lucien • Teros
Brynn • Asuri • Barraza • Ember • Azoth • Koji • Ulgrim
Diana • Jhala • Kor • Wu Shang • Val • Ragnir • Cross
Mirage • Nix • Mordex • Yumiko • Artemis